babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? (/Thread-Anyone-seen-Indus-Silver-in-the-flesh)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Sassy - 08-06-2011 02:43pm

Hi Guys,

Have a coupe dynamic on order in Indus Silver with black panoramic roof and shadowline wheels. Was talked out of white by the men in my family who thought it would be the most ordered colour and therefore not v exciting/different. However, having seen Indus Silver in the first drive pics online, I think it looks RUBBISH! It looks dull and sensible.

Has anyone seen this colour in the flesh?

I already have a black car so wanted something different. My first choice was the bright blue but that's not available until 2012, and I am 3rd on the list at my dealer so wanted to take advantage of being one of the first on the road - hence don't want to wait any longer than I have to!

It's a shame there haven't been many evoque events in Scotland either for us to see the car in the flesh. There was one at knockhill i couldn't make but the car was firenze red anyway.

So anyway, opinions on Indus Silver please!!

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Charlie - 08-06-2011 02:53pm

Hi Sassy and welcome. Indus silver was one of the cars at the 'live' events that have been on the last 3 weekends. I wasn't struck but saying that think it would look much better with a black roof. Lots of photos in the London and NEC event threads. I've ordered black but think white with tan interior looks amazing in the flesh on a coupe.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Sassy - 08-06-2011 02:57pm

Ok thanks I'll have a look for the pics you've mentioned.

However, not encouraged by your reply - as I suspected it's not a striking colour!! My dealer was also pushing for me to go for it (I think he was getting impatient with my indecision!) Might phone him and see if it's too late to reconsider. Not sure tan leather would work for me (have a dachshund with large muddy paws) but as I'm going for black/dark ext details, a black int would look fine.

ARGH! It's very annoying having to order without having had sight of the actual car.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - SW6RR - 08-06-2011 03:47pm

Hi - Indus Silver didn't strike me as particularly exciting and looked pretty bland compared with the black, red and white examples at the live events (imho, as ever!).

I am biased on white (I'm having this colour), but I have to say I think it just edges the red (which I think looks awesome also). In relation to the comment about originality - you're right that white will definitely be unoriginal. However, every time I see a VW Scirocco go past that isn't white I think to myself "jeez, why didn't you get a white one - it would have looked so much better!".

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - cjfp - 08-06-2011 04:22pm

@Sassy - I think the Indus Silver looked really nice. However, most of the other colours look even better. (except the dark Gray which I think is too dark)

@SW6RR - I think you are wrong about white just edging the red, I think it's the other way around ..... but then I would say that (lol)

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - evoqueboy - 08-06-2011 04:52pm

^^ lol same as me with regards to the red edging the White!

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - ant - 08-06-2011 06:18pm

Firenze Red - in a coupe looks great.
ANT

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - SW6RR - 08-06-2011 06:26pm

Ooooooh - well, the colour poll is on my side...! Wink

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - paulus599 - 08-06-2011 08:27pm

(08-06-2011 06:26pm)SW6RR Wrote:  Ooooooh - well, the colour poll is on my side...! Wink

... and so am I Thumbs Up

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Daigriff - 08-06-2011 08:44pm

I personally didnt like the look of Indus silver...too bland...as others have said it looks far better in the white, red, black, grey colours...and I also think it will look good in Buckingham Blue.