Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh?
benzina

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh?

Thanks DDX....Kind of like the idea of it being exclusive to Indus. I'm amazed they are going to the trouble for just one colour, but also a another good sign of attention to detail.
I fully agree with you on Indus being underrated. It will be exactly as you described. Really looking forward to it.

P.S I might try and search for that chart you spoke of, just out of interest.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
21-11-2011 08:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DDX

Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh?

Mark, have a look at this thread for photos of firenze with gloss black silver trims

http://babyrr.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1928

Looks really good

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
21-11-2011 08:20am
mark_n

Thanks DDX, I had missed that. My inclination would be not to have gloss black but a more matt finish but it certainly tidies up the appearance. The danger is that if the colour matches the background, they disappear and the cars will look really weird, so i think I will live with it for a few weeks first.

Edit: When my dealer first showed me Indus on the samplers, the colour had much more metallic dosing than the silver cars I have seen for real. I've seen in other manufacturers (OK, Porsche) how this can make the colour more interesting. I still think Indus is a great colour though and may yet regret changing to Firenze.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 05:37pm by mark_n.)
21-11-2011 11:56am
J77

Having seen Indus silver in the flesh at the LR experience it didn't float my boat. That said, the car was a prestige with no contrast roof maybe in dynamic form with contrast roof it may look better.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-11-2011 03:37pm
Deekster

I have also seen the Indus Silver in the flesh and been rather underwhelmed. Orkney Grey, on the other hand, is the big surprise. In my opinion, it runs a close second to white.
21-11-2011 04:36pm
Big G

??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
21-11-2011 05:12pm
Craig_d1

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Pure-Fire...oor?page=3

Nice pic of Indus with black wheels here. Seen one at dealer too. Think it looks nice. It was on a prestige but think it would look better on dynamic or pure so you get more of a contrast with front grill etc
21-11-2011 05:35pm
Tony

Try this about 40 seconds in, 5 door Indus Dynamic with black roof

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
22-11-2011 09:45am
benzina

When i first saw your post,i was sooo excited, but then, their it was again...rego 656 CBS. I've fallen for that before aswell.....that particular one is actually inpanema sand. Looks very much like silver in the pics, and at least it gives an idea of what the Indus with the black roof would like like. The Indus version will also have Orkney Grey to it's front and rear upside down U panels underneath.
I've trawled the internet relentlessly (boardering on obsession) trying to find a picture of a Dynamic Indus silver with the black roof, and unfortunately,it still alludes me. Thanks for trying just the same.
If anyone can find one,you will be a champion....please post here if you do.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 10:42am by benzina.)
22-11-2011 10:25am
berlin2011

Here you go

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
22-11-2011 10:48am