Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Anyone had turbo failure that needed replacement?
bangsters

Anyone had turbo failure that needed replacement?

Well my 2014 pure's turbo crapped out.... i had it replaced with aftermarket, supposed to be direct replacement.

However i'm getting a p0234 overboost alert. I bought the iland diagnostic tool and did an adaptation reset but that didn't help. Check engine came back online.

Anyone replaced their turbo with aftermaket? Anything you needed to do to make it work without issue?

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2021 02:47am by bangsters.)
17-08-2021 02:47am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
morey000

RE: Anyone had turbo failure that needed replacement?

(17-08-2021 02:47am)bangsters Wrote:  Well my 2014 pure's turbo crapped out.... i had it replaced with aftermarket, supposed to be direct replacement.

However i'm getting a p0234 overboost alert. I bought the iland diagnostic tool and did an adaptation reset but that didn't help. Check engine came back online.

Anyone replaced their turbo with aftermaket? Anything you needed to do to make it work without issue?

I've got an exhaust manifold leak, and the manifold comes with a turbo- so the whole part together from the dealer is like $3K plus $1200 in labor. but, I see there are turbo/manifolds for $1300.... and then other chinese ones for $300ish. they look the same except the exhaust manifold is cast rather than welded stainless (which cracks).

was wondering what you did and what you replaced your with?

thx
14-10-2022 07:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
morey000

RE: Anyone had turbo failure that needed replacement?

(17-08-2021 02:47am)bangsters Wrote:  Well my 2014 pure's turbo crapped out.... i had it replaced with aftermarket, supposed to be direct replacement.

I did end up getting a $340 aftermarket turbo off eBay and had my dealer install it. The mechanic said it was a sold product and worked pretty well. Bitch of an install for him, but it works fine (so far). On the downside- the dealer charged me the normal 10x markup on every single use nut, every gasket, every tube that they replaced. So, $750 worth of installation parts on a $340 turbo… plus $1200 in labor. Not cheap- but, I don’t have a cracked manifold anymore.
07-12-2022 05:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply