Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Battery problem
jeffersj

Battery problem

2018 Evoque Low battery warning, have done a search and not quite covered this issue. Plugged in the CTek biy only 3 lights came on the charge indicator (i had been running the engine to pump up tyres) normally 4 lights come on immediately. After a few minutes no change and the comfort connector began to get warm so I checked connections etc, the actual Ctek was getting warm also. this does not happen when I have it plugged into the Series 2 permanently.

Does this mean the battery is dying?

Can I change the battery myself without having means to reset electrical or is it a dealer?

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
(This post was last modified: 27-01-2023 11:19am by jeffersj.)
26-01-2023 04:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Battery problem

Sounds like it was drawing a reasonable amount of charge, normally the unit will shut off and put a red light if it;s too hot and will get warm if charging.

But regards to your Q yes you can change it yourself, ideally you'd reset the BMS, using a OBD device though, or pay someone to do it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-01-2023 07:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply