Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone had roof wrapped?
Firenze

Anyone had roof wrapped?

Was wondering if anyone has had there roof wrapped, I've got a coupe on order with pano roof but with the roof in the body colour but am now having second thoughts about having the roof in black.

Due to my car hopefully being built next week I dont really want to change my order this late as its bound to delay it, so thought of a black gloss wrap around the pano roof and also the rear spoiler.

If anyone has had something simular done I would be interested in your thoughts on the process and if you think its worth it, it seems it would be cheaper than having it done at the factory too.

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
18-02-2012 08:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

RE: Anyone had roof wrapped?

(18-02-2012 08:39pm)Firenze Wrote:  Was wondering if anyone has had there roof wrapped, I've got a coupe on order with pano roof but with the roof in the body colour but am now having second thoughts about having the roof in black.

Due to my car hopefully being built next week I dont really want to change my order this late as its bound to delay it, so thought of a black gloss wrap around the pano roof and also the rear spoiler.

If anyone has had something simular done I would be interested in your thoughts on the process and if you think its worth it, it seems it would be cheaper than having it done at the factory too.

I wouldn't worry about it. If you look from the ground upwards you"ll have the following contrasts red body, black window surrounds, red "piping" the roof and then the dark pano itself. I think that gives great contrasts and doesn't make it too "in your face". I think it'll look fantastic as is!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
18-02-2012 09:34pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I was quoted £275 for just having a roof surround wrapped by a local vehicle wrapping company, decided that I didn't want a black contrast roof that desperately!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-02-2012 09:40pm
MartinP

I'm with Chuckie on this....I think it will look stunning as is.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
18-02-2012 09:41pm
Firenze

That was my original thought that it would look great as red black red black and several hundred quid for a few inches of black paint was a bit steep, maybe its just down to having to wait months for it to arrive you start second guessing the spec

Perhaps I should just wait and see what it looks like and go from there

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
19-02-2012 09:59am
jitenc

(19-02-2012 09:59am)Firenze Wrote:  That was my original thought that it would look great as red black red black and several hundred quid for a few inches of black paint was a bit steep, maybe its just down to having to wait months for it to arrive you start second guessing the spec

Perhaps I should just wait and see what it looks like and go from there

It will look great both ways. But I went for a black contrast roof.... It looks meaner and more of a head turner. A body coloured Evoque pulled up beside mine at the lights and I definitely knew I had made the right choice. Talk to your dealer and see what they say. No harm. it is a bit pricey to have that option but IMHO well worth it. By the way, I should have gone for the Firenze as my white gets too dirty...Rolling Eyes

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
19-02-2012 10:39am
Craig_d1

I Too added the contrast roof to my order a couple of weeks ago as I think it's just that bit more striking. I was thinking of getting it body coloured and maybe having it wrapped but having it done in the factory means it'd be santorini metallic rather than just a plain black, and all in all the extra £200 to get it done as a factory fitted option is neither here nor there to the overall cost of the car.
I think they both look great though, but if you really want it done ask your dealer pronto. It's all extra profit for LR so they may just say yes.
19-02-2012 11:26am
Firenze

(19-02-2012 11:26am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  I Too added the contrast roof to my order a couple of weeks ago as I think it's just that bit more striking. I was thinking of getting it body coloured and maybe having it wrapped but having it done in the factory means it'd be santorini metallic rather than just a plain black, and all in all the extra £200 to get it done as a factory fitted option is neither here nor there to the overall cost of the car.
I think they both look great though, but if you really want it done ask your dealer pronto. It's all extra profit for LR so they may just say yes.

I was just looking on the build website and it would be an extra £500 for me maybe as its a dynamic?

I really am undecided at the minute, I think I will call the dealer to see if its gonna be possible at this late stage

19-02-2012 11:52am
Craig_d1

(19-02-2012 11:52am)Firenze Wrote:  I was just looking on the build website and it would be an extra £500 for me maybe as its a dynamic?

I really am undecided at the minute, I think I will call the dealer to see if its gonna be possible at this late stage

£500 for me too but getting it wrapped isn't free, so the difference works out £200 odd. It's expensive but one of the reasons I'm buying the car is the look/style of the car and decided for me would rather have metallic paint than wrap...
19-02-2012 11:56am
jos

yes !
i did last friday
my fuji white coupe with pano roof
was wrapped with a brushed stanless steel roofwrap
and a black piece between the frontwindow and the panoroof
wauw !
pics will follow

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
19-02-2012 12:09pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply