Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone chip their evoque?
PJRange

Anyone chip their evoque?

Looking into chipping my evoque. Has anyone tried out this chip yet?
https://www.racechip-usa.com/chiptuning/...Si4-177kw/
07-06-2013 11:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Anyone chip their evoque?

I'm certain that a few have but they don't broadcast it due to insurance and warranty implications over this side of the pond.......... one of our forum sponsors can supply a remap for the ECU, tried and tested and has been very popular with Disco3 and RRS owners and a few TD4 owners looking to have SD4 power.......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-06-2013 12:43pm
RRSteve

Interestingly when I picked my Evoque up the salesman told me about a company that can chip it and it still keeps the Land Rover Warranty!
10-06-2013 08:31am
ollicopter

Hi, and which company is it ??? Please tell us.

Best regards from Germany

RRE eD4 Dynamic OG Vortex with PanoRoof, Adapt. Lights, 825W Sound ....
10-06-2013 09:44am
PhiliusM

I bought fish and chips and brought them home in my Evoque. It's not the same is it??
10-06-2013 10:21am
RRSteve

(10-06-2013 09:44am)ollicopter Wrote:  Hi, and which company is it ??? Please tell us.

Best regards from Germany

I'll ask next time I'm in.
10-06-2013 11:31am
XFullFatTim

(10-06-2013 08:31am)RRSteve Wrote:  Interestingly when I picked my Evoque up the salesman told me about a company that can chip it and it still keeps the Land Rover Warranty!

That salesman is talking a heap of SH*T, there is no such thing as a Land Rover approved/ sanctioned power upgrade for any vehicle that they make. Your salesman will be able to provide a power upgrade with a seperate warranty but the minute you chip/remap your car your Land Rover engine warranty is invalidated.

I can assure you that this issue has occurred on every LR Forum that I have been a member ofsince 2003 and the reply is always the same - if the engine was meant to have more power then it would come as standard with a different engine map and a proper factory guarantee.
If you dealer is part of one of the very large chains of LR Dealers then they came very close to loosing their LR franchise in 2007 when LR found they were selling new D3 and RRS models already modified - some owners claimed they were unaware of this after their engine had been catastrophically damaged and tried to claim on their LR warranty only to find they were not covered and Dealership chain were also not insured to cover the damage. Worse the owners also found that their car insurance was invalidated............. go look at the Disco3 and RRS forums, there is plenty there about warranty and enhancements to the engine!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 05:12am by XFullFatTim.)
11-06-2013 05:07am
Mark^^

Not just LR but nearly every other make of car I would say, and why the sellers of the box all say they can be taken off prior to a dealer service and no dealer can detect their use.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
11-06-2013 10:37am
dynamicgirl

Every dealership (of all marques of car) has the facility to plug a diagnostics/data logging device into the OBD socket of a car and determine how many times the engine software has been 'flashed' to the ECU or even how many times (and possibly when) the specified factory parameters have been exceeded in terms of revs, power and torque to name a few. As the guys have said already, if you remap your car you can effectivey kiss your warranty goodbye.

I do know of a few tuners (I have no knowledge of any Land Rover tuners, only of Audi and VX) whose remaps are offered by dealerships and they seemingly have agreements with them that if the performance software is found to be the cause of any mechanical failure, then the tuner 'may' cover the cost of repair. From what I've seen on the various forums over the years this has caused SO many problems for owners as neither the tuner nor the dealership want to pick up the tab after not being able to agree what the actual cause of the failure was.

I've had remaps on both of my previous cars and thankfully I haven't had any problems as I don't tend to use the available extra performance very often, I just like to have it available to me, lol. If anything had gone wrong during the warranty period of either of my remapped cars, then it would have been down to me to cough up for any repairs. Even if a Land Rover dealer told me a remap was covered by warranty, I wouldn't fancy my chances in getting them to fix it free of charge if a piston took a quick detour out the side of my engine block.

The other thing you must think about when considering whether or not to remap your vehicle has to be informing your insurance company about the performance modification. Some insurers will refuse to insure modded cars at all and others will charge you an added premium for the remap. If you haven't informed them and you have an accident, you run the risk of them invalidating your policy. I've paid a fortune over the years on added cover for all the performance parts on my previous cars and even on non-factory cosmetic modifications I made to them.

For the record, I'm more than happy with the standard power of my Evoque and I won't be remapping this one. Wink
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 04:53pm by dynamicgirl.)
11-06-2013 11:36am
XFullFatTim

http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-7178.html

11-06-2013 03:46pm