Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anybody else ordered the contrast roof?
DynamiqueDan

Anybody else ordered the contrast roof?

We have a fuji white dynamic on order and we have selected the panoramic roof with the contrast roof option so as we understand it the roof will look all black.

Trouble is, I have not seen any pics with this combination - has anyone else ordered this? we thought it would look silly with the white surround on the roof but now I am starting to think the opposite!
23-08-2011 05:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof?

Hi I didn't order the contrast roof, I thought it would look ok with the panoramic roof and I have also ordered white.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2011 05:42pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-08-2011 05:22pm
SW6RR

This has been discussed to death. I think the general view was that (1) the black contrast rook would look pretty good; BUT (2) it was a hell of a lot to pay for a tiny little bit of paint (because the glass roof takes up most of the roof area).
23-08-2011 05:28pm
CSJ

Hi

I have also ordered a white dynamic and thought long and hard about the contrast roof, in the end I decided to stick with white, I guess for 2 reasons, I thought that the white with the panaramic looked ok and secondly the cost.

On the other hand I think the black roof will look good.

Here is a link to a short youtube clip I found of a White dynamic with black roof (and black roof rails) with pursuit interior driving in monaco.

I know that its different to your Pestige but hopefully will give you some view

Very Happy

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
23-08-2011 05:40pm
mark_n

I don't think you should judge the cost of the roof on the area painted. As has also being reported, painting the roof also involves an expensive masking off operation which will dominate. The roof itself is likely painted by robot.

As for colour, in my experience, contrasts are good. My car will be silver with black roof and I feel certain it will look great.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
23-08-2011 05:47pm
DynamiqueDan

Thanks for that link - it does look ok to my eyes but I think it would look also ok without the contrast roof option, maybe we will have to phone the dealer as SW66RR said it is a lot of money for very little!
23-08-2011 05:48pm
evoqueboy

I've gone for a black contrast roof with the panoramic roof. My car will be Firenze. Contrast roofs look quite cool, especially on the White cars!
23-08-2011 06:30pm
CSJ

Again I guess all these things are down to preference and I think either black or normal with panaramic looks good.

I have now seen a white and red RRE with black roof, for what its worth, my view was that the black roof looked fantastic on the Firenze Red esp in Dynamic form, on the other hand I thought the White car looked better with a white panaramic roof, I thought that the black roof made the white car look smaller and shorter.

I really dont think it matters much tho, either look fine!

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
23-08-2011 06:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

CSJ, +1
I saw a picture of a Fuji with black contrast roof and decided that it spoiled the traditional Range Rover floating roof. Also as an apprentice Scotsman I decided that £490 to paint the roof black was a lot of money to then cut a whacking great hole in it and throw 80% away.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-08-2011 06:45pm
caroline11000

(23-08-2011 06:45pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  CSJ, +1
I saw a picture of a Fuji with black contrast roof and decided that it spoiled the traditional Range Rover floating roof. Also as an apprentice Scotsman I decided that £490 to paint the roof black was a lot of money to then cut a whacking great hole in it and throw 80% away.

Totally agreeVery Happy

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
23-08-2011 07:19pm