babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? (/Thread-Anybody-else-ordered-the-contrast-roof)

Pages: 1 2

Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - DynamiqueDan - 23-08-2011 05:20pm

We have a fuji white dynamic on order and we have selected the panoramic roof with the contrast roof option so as we understand it the roof will look all black.

Trouble is, I have not seen any pics with this combination - has anyone else ordered this? we thought it would look silly with the white surround on the roof but now I am starting to think the opposite!

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - xxxx5 - 23-08-2011 05:22pm

Hi I didn't order the contrast roof, I thought it would look ok with the panoramic roof and I have also ordered white.

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - SW6RR - 23-08-2011 05:28pm

This has been discussed to death. I think the general view was that (1) the black contrast rook would look pretty good; BUT (2) it was a hell of a lot to pay for a tiny little bit of paint (because the glass roof takes up most of the roof area).

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - CSJ - 23-08-2011 05:40pm

Hi

I have also ordered a white dynamic and thought long and hard about the contrast roof, in the end I decided to stick with white, I guess for 2 reasons, I thought that the white with the panaramic looked ok and secondly the cost.

On the other hand I think the black roof will look good.

Here is a link to a short youtube clip I found of a White dynamic with black roof (and black roof rails) with pursuit interior driving in monaco.

I know that its different to your Pestige but hopefully will give you some view

Very Happy

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - mark_n - 23-08-2011 05:47pm

I don't think you should judge the cost of the roof on the area painted. As has also being reported, painting the roof also involves an expensive masking off operation which will dominate. The roof itself is likely painted by robot.

As for colour, in my experience, contrasts are good. My car will be silver with black roof and I feel certain it will look great.

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - DynamiqueDan - 23-08-2011 05:48pm

Thanks for that link - it does look ok to my eyes but I think it would look also ok without the contrast roof option, maybe we will have to phone the dealer as SW66RR said it is a lot of money for very little!

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - evoqueboy - 23-08-2011 06:30pm

I've gone for a black contrast roof with the panoramic roof. My car will be Firenze. Contrast roofs look quite cool, especially on the White cars!

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - CSJ - 23-08-2011 06:36pm

Again I guess all these things are down to preference and I think either black or normal with panaramic looks good.

I have now seen a white and red RRE with black roof, for what its worth, my view was that the black roof looked fantastic on the Firenze Red esp in Dynamic form, on the other hand I thought the White car looked better with a white panaramic roof, I thought that the black roof made the white car look smaller and shorter.

I really dont think it matters much tho, either look fine!

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - XFullFatTim - 23-08-2011 06:45pm

CSJ, +1
I saw a picture of a Fuji with black contrast roof and decided that it spoiled the traditional Range Rover floating roof. Also as an apprentice Scotsman I decided that £490 to paint the roof black was a lot of money to then cut a whacking great hole in it and throw 80% away.

RE: Anybody else ordered the contrast roof? - caroline11000 - 23-08-2011 07:19pm

(23-08-2011 06:45pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  CSJ, +1
I saw a picture of a Fuji with black contrast roof and decided that it spoiled the traditional Range Rover floating roof. Also as an apprentice Scotsman I decided that £490 to paint the roof black was a lot of money to then cut a whacking great hole in it and throw 80% away.

Totally agreeVery Happy