Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another Puncture
HeartbreakRidge

Another Puncture

I'm also wondering where actual pressures are shown, if it's in manual I must have missed it.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
30-03-2014 03:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Another Puncture

My 2013 showed low pressure right rear, on the dash display. It was correct. Tire pressures on my car are shown in driver's door jam. So far as goo vs tire... my wife rode home with a friend in her Prius last night and they got a flat. New car, defective tire and the tread separated from the wall. Would have taken a lot of goo to fix. (She had a real spare),

When it's time for new tires I will be looking at the latest run flats. Had them on a previous car and they were decent.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
30-03-2014 04:32pm
HeartbreakRidge

I've looked though my manual and it does not appear that actual (numerical) pressures get shown.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
30-03-2014 06:50pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I am beginning think I may have mis-heard or been mis-informed at hand over because I too cannot find anything in my manual that tells me how to access the TMPS pressures.

Mark, I like it - a lot! It is smoother, noticlbly quieter (although having been driving a Defender in the time between ordering and delivery my hearing might have suffered!) and more economical.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-03-2014 10:57pm
mark_n

Hard to believe but barely two weeks after the last one, I have another puncture. This time, not good, a screw in the shoulder of the tyre so it is ruined. I am away and about as remote as you can get in England so no chance of getting it replaced until I get home. Fortunately, the screw is well bedded in and the pressure is holding on rutted tracks with a daily top up and the surrounding tyre looks fine so I judge it safe to use with care but I will put the spare on for a speed-reduced journey home.

No idea where all these nails and screws come from but I do wish whoever is dropping them would stop!

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
09-04-2014 04:46am
HeartbreakRidge

Yikes! Sounds like you need armored tires up in your neck of the woods.

09-04-2014 04:50am
PhilSkill

Builders often just throw old screws in the pack of thier vans while doing a job and they fall out through ill fitting doors. Had a spate of screws in tyres in a company car park once after builders had been in, they returned a year later to do some more work for the same company... to be met with a gang of unhappy drivers all saying .. you dare drop 1 screw in this car park...

Actually has anyone else noticed the roads aren't being swept anymore, lots of debris build up in the centre of the road, I got my first windscreen chip (fortunately tiny as i'd slowed down a lot) from a police car on blues and 2's that was flying down the centre of the road throwing up all kinds of debris and stones.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-04-2014 02:03pm
cutter7

Another Puncture

[Image: ugagu4a5.jpg]

Hey Phil,
I was coming down the M1 from North Yorkshire and I hit the 50mph section where they are modifying the central reservation section, there was a large earth moving truck which was moving towards me and as we passed each other I saw this large object coming towards the windscreen for a split second and then this very very loud smash against the screen... and I mean LOUD,the result was this it's 50mmx 30mm and it's straight in line with my eyes and forehead!!!
If I had been riding my bike I would have been very injured or dead for sure as I always wear an open faced helmet!!

09-04-2014 07:42pm
HeartbreakRidge

Wow! That's one hell of an impact.

09-04-2014 07:48pm
PhilSkill

(09-04-2014 07:42pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Hey Phil,
I was coming down the M1 from North Yorkshire and I hit the 50mph section where they are modifying the central reservation section, there was a large earth moving truck which was moving towards me and as we passed each other I saw this large object coming towards the windscreen for a split second and then this very very loud smash against the screen... and I mean LOUD,the result was this it's 50mmx 30mm and it's straight in line with my eyes and forehead!!!
If I had been riding my bike I would have been very injured or dead for sure as I always wear an open faced helmet!!

Yowsers Cutter, that looks a nasty one! as you say lucky you were in the Evoque really, I've had that once on the M6 in Scotland (they put stones in the middle reservation!?) and an Audi (aka c.ck) passed me at break next speed and kicked one up, you see it coming but have no time to react, so annoying as I'd just had the Mazda windscreen replaced!

Let us know how you get on with the replacement with the heated screen! Hope it goes well.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-04-2014 08:46pm