Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
And so the serious depreciation begins?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: And so the serious depreciation begins?

If people are beating down dealers doors then demand must still be high, why would they discount the car if they can still easily sell every car?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-02-2013 10:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(04-02-2013 10:47am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If people are beating down dealers doors then demand must still be high, why would they discount the car if they can still easily sell every car?

More "stories" from dealers I expect. The month before a reg change will probably be very quiet so they're probably trying to encourage people to buy 62 cars now rather than wait for the "unlucky" 13. Once 13 arrives I'm sure they'll be telling everyone that in Greek and Hindu mythology 13 is a very lucky number!
04-02-2013 10:54am
Toffeeman

(04-02-2013 10:47am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If people are beating down dealers doors then demand must still be high, why would they discount the car if they can still easily sell every car?

They weren't LR dealers - Jaguar, Mercedes and Audi
04-02-2013 11:22am
Wak

Sad:Can we all stop talking about depreciation!!!!

Everyone knows the value of cars at this level depreciate worse than a bottle of fine wine at a beer festival however I'm one of the lucky folks picking up a lightly specced Dynamic on 1st March with the 'old' auto box and the 'unlucky 13' registration mark and I'm really excitedVery Happy

Can we please just be a little positive so I don't start to panic about putting my wife and myself out on the streets (home wise not working) due to the money I've lost!.

PS. I brought the car to love it not worry about what other people paid or whether I have the latest model.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 11:34am by Wak.)
04-02-2013 11:33am
WB
WB

(04-02-2013 11:33am)Wak Wrote:  Sad:Can we all stop talking about depreciation!!!!

Everyone knows the value of cars at this level depreciate worse than a bottle of fine wine at a beer festival however I'm one of the lucky folks picking up a lightly specced Dynamic on 1st March with the 'old' auto box and the 'unlucky 13' registration mark and I'm really excitedVery Happy

Can we please just be a little positive so I don't start to panic about putting my wife and myself out on the streets (home wise not working) due to the money I've lost!.

PS. I brought the car to love it not worry about what other people paid or whether I have the latest model.

Don't worry you'll still have one of the most desirable cars on the road and I think we've still got another period of solid values which will still outperform almost everything else on the road.
04-02-2013 11:43am
Toffeeman

(04-02-2013 11:33am)Wak Wrote:  Sad:Can we all stop talking about depreciation!!!!

+1

Wak, I'm hugely jealous as if my finances were sorted, I'd be joining you with a lightly specced Dynamic on a 13 plate but it looks like it'll be the end of the year before I can be in your position.

Every car loses value and anyone who's had an Evoque will have lost far less than virtually every other car on the road at the moment - if everyone worried about it, nobody would buy a new one would they!

Enjoy the new car - that's all that matters Very Happy
04-02-2013 12:04pm
Samson

(04-02-2013 10:54am)WB Wrote:  More "stories" from dealers I expect. The month before a reg change will probably be very quiet so they're probably trying to encourage people to buy 62 cars now rather than wait for the "unlucky" 13. Once 13 arrives I'm sure they'll be telling everyone that in Greek and Hindu mythology 13 is a very lucky number!

LR advertising on radio now as well - heard the ads for the first time last week. Talking about how LR are on a 24hr shift and that lead times have shortened... cars more readily available. Sign of slowing demand or just to push sales before the 13 plate arrives?

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
10-02-2013 03:38pm
Lofty

Hi Folks.
I looked at Evoques about 6 months ago but couldn't make up my mind what I wanted.I ended up buying something completely different last Autumn, and had more or decided not to bother with an Evoque. Yesterday me and the wife decided to go looking at Freelanders to replace her car, sat in an Evoque and instantly wanted one again, so I will probably keep my car another 6 months and then order an Evoque for September delivery, that's if we can ever decide on spec, and the even more difficult decision of colour.Shocked
I was offered a good deal yesterday with approx 5% off list, and was told that there is plenty of availability.I guess demand is starting to wain, but they are keen to keep the factory running at full capacity.As with all deals though, if the discount is bigger at the start then the car will be worth less when the time comes to sell, so its swings and roundabouts I suppose.
10-02-2013 05:42pm
WB
WB

(10-02-2013 05:42pm)Lofty Wrote:  Hi Folks.
I looked at Evoques about 6 months ago but couldn't make up my mind what I wanted.I ended up buying something completely different last Autumn, and had more or decided not to bother with an Evoque. Yesterday me and the wife decided to go looking at Freelanders to replace her car, sat in an Evoque and instantly wanted one again, so I will probably keep my car another 6 months and then order an Evoque for September delivery, that's if we can ever decide on spec, and the even more difficult decision of colour.Shocked
I was offered a good deal yesterday with approx 5% off list, and was told that there is plenty of availability.I guess demand is starting to wain, but they are keen to keep the factory running at full capacity.As with all deals though, if the discount is bigger at the start then the car will be worth less when the time comes to sell, so its swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Which dealer offered you the 5% out of interest?
10-02-2013 08:53pm
Lofty

(10-02-2013 08:53pm)WB Wrote:  Which dealer offered you the 5% out of interest?

Stratstone Newcastle.I've found dealers will usually match any price you get from the likes of Drive the Deal or Orange wheels.
11-02-2013 06:19pm