Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An Evoque, Spotted in its Natural Habitat
m_101

RE: An Evoque, Spotted in its Natural Habitat

Tony
Also just by the way I've noticed on Topix tonight...
Q422 UPS 7614-1 - ZF 9HP Driveability Reflash
I don't have a subscription but might be something to look into.
Cheers
Manas

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
16-10-2014 10:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(16-10-2014 09:38pm)Chrisr1806 Wrote:  My 2 LRs have been fault free, so it seems it's just a small percentage of cars that have problems.

I've had two duds out of five LRs - never again!

(16-10-2014 10:04pm)m_101 Wrote:  Tony
Also just by the way I've noticed on Topix tonight...
Q422 UPS 7614-1 - ZF 9HP Driveability Reflash
I don't have a subscription but might be something to look into.
Cheers
Manas

Thanks Manas,

There are a number of items on Topix which could answer the problems with my 9 speed but the dealer ain't interested. I am waiting until it fails again then the video will be sent to the various media outlets, whilst I am a qualified mechanical engineering designer, for most of my career I worked in the company's publicity machine and that was not for a tin pot company like LR!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2014 10:44pm by Tony.)
16-10-2014 10:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm on my 10th Land Rover / Range Rover product since 1996. Only one has ever ended up being towed - a Disco2 TD5 Auto that, 5 miles from the dealership on it's way in to be handed over in exchange for a shiny new Freelander1 TD4 Auto, shredded the auxiliary drive belt so no power steering, no aircon, no battery charging. Land Rover Assist came and connected up a rigid bar tow to the dealership. After that incident in 1999 none of the other Land Rovers gave a moments concern for reliability and in the time between 2003 and 2012 the only problem I ever had with any Land Rover product was a blown high beam lamp on a 6 month old FFRR TD6 SE that was replaced under warranty. In January 2012 though my confidence was severely shaken by a series of dead batteries on my 1st Evoque, it never left me stranded as the flat batteries always happened when the car was laid up on my drive while I was away at sea, but it did inconvenience my father who couldn't figure out how to extract the emergency key from the fob. LRA came out and one time recharged the battery and left the car. 6 weeks later it was dead again so the battery was replaced on my drive with a new type that is now standard. After some communications with LRCS the car was taken to the local dealers for the BMS software upgrade and after that I had no more issues. Now up to then I had always left my cars with a solar powered battery conditioner plugged into the cigarette lighter but in their wisdom LR's boffins had decided with Evoque that the cigarette lighter would no longer be live with the ignition off. Otherwise that Evoque was as good as any of the cars that went before it. Now with my 2014MY Evoque I have no doubts about reliability (famous last words) but I do have serious concerns with the build quality that I have never had with any Land Rover product. I have managed (because they were just SOOOOOOOOO dammed annoying that I fixed them myself) to cure all the rattles except 2 - the perspex panel for Whitefire transmitter has a high frequency vibration that is extremely distracting while driving and the only thing that has cured that one has been to tape the panel on tightly with duct tape right around it, not a pretty sight on a £53000 6 month old car, and the other one is what I assume to be the cabling for the InControl Remote cabling along the top of the passenger side of the roof lining and down the A pillar which requires the headlining to come down to silence. The frustrations this one Evoque have caused me and the total lack of interest from anyone in LR to even consider investigating a cure means this will probably be my last ever new Land Rover product.
My most reliable Land Rover product? It has to be my 1996 built TDi300 Defender - in 18 years and 85000 miles it has never had one bit fall off, it has never ever had a mechanical hiccup and it just keeps on going. Anything that has broken has been because of what I have done to it off-roading it - I needed a new transfer casing two years ago after cracking it when the car landed heavily on a rock and in 2007 it needed a new chassis after the original developed a metre long corrosion hole on it as I pressure washed the underside after a muddy weekend. One thing to bear in mind that that Defender was built when Land Rover QC and finish was supposed to be the laughing stock of the entire motor industry and they were struggling to sell cars! I have really enjoyed every Land Rover product I have owned over the years except for one, I really do not feel any "love" for my current Evoque.
Over the years I have said that I would only be seen dead driving a BMW or Mercedes................... sorry Land Rover but my current Evoque may well be replaced before it's warranty expires, I'll see if things can be fixed at it's first service as I refuse to take the car back into a dealer and loose it for a week while it sits in a dealers yard and nothing gets done to it and then I'm fobbed off with the excuse that the dealer couldn't replicate the rattles. That could easily be avoided by LR if they would just fix the simple things that totally spoil the experience of 2014 Evoque ownership, things that should never ever occur in a £53000 car and have never happened in much less expensive Land Rovers I have owned over the years

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2014 10:47pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-10-2014 10:31pm
Tony

Well this morning I completed a questionair from Andrew West , LR Customer Service Director about my latest contact with LRCS re: the 9 speed gearbox problems. Good questions with the ability to add comments, no just select 1 to 10. Very critical of LRCS, LR Assist and the dealer but I doubt there will be any follow up or action to resolve the issues.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
16-10-2014 10:43pm
Sarcastrix

My car is a UK Supplied Military export so I'm having to go through LR Assist International and they've been very good, so good in fact I'm getting fed up with all the calls to make sure that i'm happy Very Happy

I've even got an Evoque rental, although I did ask if it could swap it for a BMW coupe, they said stop being fussy Laughing

Think the important thing to note is that i'm using LR Assist International which seems to managed in france with SOS International providing in country support.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2014 07:18am by Sarcastrix.)
17-10-2014 07:16am
markdartj

(15-10-2014 06:46pm)JavierBayArea Wrote:  I haven't had any problem with my MY14 yet.

When i bought it, i was alarmed by all these posts. But in fact, it may just be that only that people with problems complain.
I seem to have noticed a trend in the posts. Is it my imagination, but do US owners have fewer issues than UK owners? Perhaps LR takes shortcuts, or the demand is so high in the UK, that UK spec models have more problems?
Or could it be that the LRs produced for export to US have a more stringent build requirement? Just a thought. Have had mine now for almost six months (bought new, MY14) and aside from having to bring it in for new programing, have had no problems. That being said, it is a hassle to "bring it in" to JRLR dealer, since they are 50 miles away through I-5 traffic. Enjoy the hell out it though, and am still looking for any excuse to drive it. Just took it on it's first road trip up to Whistler BC, Canada. A "dry run" before the snow falls. Never enjoyed the drive more.
Good luck to all the Evoque drivers out there.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
17-10-2014 08:47am
Tony

Recovery number two this lunch time - GearBox Fault AGAIN - oh I forgot 'its NORMAL'

20-10-2014 06:00pm
Doody

do you guys not have "lemon laws" where you are?

doody

2012 Prestige Premium
20-10-2014 07:05pm
Sarcastrix

Sorry to hear that T Sad but don't worry they'll plug it into the computer and tell you no fault found.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
21-10-2014 07:19am
Tony

(20-10-2014 07:05pm)Doody Wrote:  do you guys not have "lemon laws" where you are?

doody

No, we only have the lemons!!

21-10-2014 07:20am