Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I missing anything
PhilSkill

RE: Am I missing anything

Dont lose the xenons, theyre ace and you get the signature lights, not the same without

You get storage under the boot floor without spare

Tyres are fine in snow, but theyre not winter tyres. A TT is a different beast in the snow youll be driving past them.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-03-2013 01:38am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would forget the high beam assist, you have hands so you can operate the dip stalk!
Electric tailgate is great as is the heated steering wheel especially if the car has to live outside in the winter. If you are going for Xenon's then the adaptive version is fantastic on twisty country lanes and in multi-storey car parks. There are cornering lamps in the system that come on below 30mph and you turn the steering wheel or indicate left or right

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-03-2013 03:27pm
Bryan m

It looks like I am going to place an order this week but I a few questions before I do

I am going for a 2.2SD Pure Coupe in Santorini with the following options
- Pano Roof
- Xenon lights
- Front Fogs

I would really like memory seats but the only option I can see is to spec them as part of £900 option, this seems crazy especially when the Coupe comes with standard electric seats. Does anyone know of a way around this? I did wonder if the elec memory mirrors option at £340 would add memory to the front seats?

I was lucky enough to test drive a Dynamic for 800miles (with sport mode off) - does this drive similar to the Pure? or do I need to go and test a Pure?
06-05-2013 06:01pm
WB
WB

(06-05-2013 06:01pm)Bryan m Wrote:  It looks like I am going to place an order this week but I a few questions before I do

I am going for a 2.2SD Pure Coupe in Santorini with the following options
- Pano Roof
- Xenon lights
- Front Fogs

I would really like memory seats but the only option I can see is to spec them as part of £900 option, this seems crazy especially when the Coupe comes with standard electric seats. Does anyone know of a way around this? I did wonder if the elec memory mirrors option at £340 would add memory to the front seats?

I was lucky enough to test drive a Dynamic for 800miles (with sport mode off) - does this drive similar to the Pure? or do I need to go and test a Pure?

The dynamic and pure do feel different as the dynamic has magneride which is on all the time not just in sport mode. In my opinion the standard suspension with 19" wheels is a better ride on less than perfect surfaces as its a bit more forgiving. The Dynamic on standard 20" wheels is a harsher ride. I'm sure some will disagree but I've had 2 pures (one for 1 year and one for 3 months) and spent a month in a loan Dynamic and another month in a loan prestige so have a lot of real experience of driving all the variants.
06-05-2013 08:40pm
Bryan m

Thanks for the reply W8 - I am coming from a TT on 19" Alloys/S Line suspension - so the Dynamic/20" combo felt really supple to me.

Good is the Pure is an even better ride - hopefully though it isn't a rolly old ship in the corners?
06-05-2013 10:12pm
XFullFatTim

Suggest you have a read of the latest What Car? Magazine - Evoque is driven against the Scirroco and the Paceman, it's a Pure that is in the test.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-05-2013 09:39am
WB
WB

(06-05-2013 10:12pm)Bryan m Wrote:  Thanks for the reply W8 - I am coming from a TT on 19" Alloys/S Line suspension - so the Dynamic/20" combo felt really supple to me.

Good is the Pure is an even better ride - hopefully though it isn't a rolly old ship in the corners?

The ride through corners is great on the Pure/Prestige - I couldn't bear a car that rolled through corners!
07-05-2013 11:57am
XFullFatTim

Don't be under any illusion,Evoque does roll in corners, not much but it does. The reason is that it is not by any stretch of the imagination a Sports car, it is a road car with off-road ability. As a result the suspension has to be a compromise to give forgiving ride off the tar. The AD equipped models corner flatter and have slightly harder suspension in "Dynamic "mode. It is a good set-up and far less rolly than a Freelander or Discovery, a TT it is not though!

07-05-2013 12:59pm
Bryan m

Sounds good - as long as it doesn't foll as much as the Honda CRV I had once it will be fine Laughing based on my experience fo the Dynamic I doubt it

Can anyone answer my question on how to get electric seats with memory function on a coupe without paying for the full £900 electric memory seat option?

Oh and anyone know what the 2014 MY charges are going to be outside of the auto box?
09-05-2013 07:49pm
XFullFatTim

The Valeter has just posted a link to written off Prestige in the General Section, buy the seats, doors and seat motor ECU and find out how to plumb it all in and you've got your memory seats in premium Oxford leather!

09-05-2013 10:25pm