Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alternative vehicles.
ED209

Alternative vehicles.

Well been thinking of alternatives if the worst happens and my evoque gets put back months and months. The evoque is already at the top of my budjet at 30k and thats only because its a car i really liked, I suppose if i was buying something else i would want something a bit cheaper and available more or less immediately.

I would want something around the same size, diesel, manual, leather and a good quality interior. Some of the cars i have thought about are listed below.

Audi Q5 - seem to be a few discounted via the likes of drive the deal.
VW Tiguan - Put off a bit by my scirocco debacle, probably a long wait.
BMW X1 - a bit ugly i know
BMW X3 - if one can be had with a discount
Ford kuga - a bit long in the tooth but deals to be had
Skoda Yeti - quite like these and again some deals on offer.
volvo xc60 - seem nice and quite well priced
Audi a4 allroad - probably nearly new as a bit too £££££
Skoda octavia scout
quashqai 4x4 - could get one very cheapwith friends/family discount, but there very plasticy
freelander - not too keen on looks, evoques poor relation

I do really wan the evoque but the talk of delays and problems is starting to turn my head a little.
28-10-2011 07:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exigejoe

RE: Alternative vehicles.

saab 9-4x

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
28-10-2011 07:27pm
Acwats

Audi Q3. If they can be bothered to sell you one.

Thankfully 2 dealers never called me.....

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 07:29pm by Acwats.)
28-10-2011 07:29pm
ceebee

Alternative vehicles.

You could get a top spec kuga, I had one for 3 years and it was a great car? However , there is a new kuga coming out next year so prices of the current ones may drop heavily, which is good if you want a bargain?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
28-10-2011 07:50pm
J77

ED209, I would recommend the freelander as an alternative. I have owned two and they have never let me down, I do agree that the evoque has dated the freelander but it is still a good all rounder.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
28-10-2011 09:30pm
Evo-king

My wife's choice, 2012 New Model F BMW 3 Series X drive.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
28-10-2011 09:50pm
Daigriff

Ed, already been there. Even though I'm spending a fair bit I just couldnt find anything that gives me the same exciting feeling that the Evoque does...which is so frustrating...so I'm hanging on for mine.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
28-10-2011 11:48pm
Evoqess

I think most of us on this forum have settled for the Evoque having excluded/ignored/been nauseated by the vehicles on your list Wink
For me, the Evoque is the only vehicle that could lure me from sporty Euro coupes. No Evoque and I would be a 5 ringer again Smile
If it had to be one from the list - maybe the Volvo.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
29-10-2011 01:13am
mark_n

Audis only have 4 rings, unless there's a special version for Olympians...

In the comparison review, the Evoque beats the Toureg in the areas which are important to me, not least it will fit in my garage where the Toureg will not. The next real competition the Evoque will face will be the Porsche Cajun - 2013 supposedly - but there are so many "hard points" with the next Audi Q5, it will be tough to tell them apart. If the Evoque was not available, I would bide my time for one of those.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2011 04:17am by mark_n.)
29-10-2011 03:57am
benzina

Agreed.....On footprint alone,i don't see any competitors to the Evoque at the moment,and that means even the Q5,as it's considerably longer (264mm longer). The Q3 turned out to be so disappointingly boring in it's design of both the inside and out.
With money no object, if the criteria is.... compact size, quality, luxury, style, performance,and all-purpose/terrain usablity, the Porsche Cajun will be the first real competitor to the Evoque, although, their is a good chance the porsche will have the length of the Q5.
Alfa-Romeo will be coming into this segment aswell,and i think that one will be interesting too.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2011 06:14am by benzina.)
29-10-2011 05:01am