Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alternative vehicles.
mark_n

RE: Alternative vehicles.

I so agree about the Q3, completely lacking in style and flair.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-10-2011 06:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

Oops - never kept an Audi long enough to count the rings Wink
4 it is!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2011 07:51am by Evoqess.)
29-10-2011 07:49am
DDX

Alternative vehicles.

I think the Evoque is years ahead of its competitors in terms of styling. The only other car on that list that I would consider is the xc60. Turns my head everyone I see one on the road and is a timeless design.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
29-10-2011 08:37am
hybris

You know me Im the beemer guy. Wink

My advice if you are looking at BMW: (just my take on the BMW options as I know the fairly good)
* BMW X1 with M-sport package (looks good with the M-sport. Diesel engines are superb.) In Sweden the BMW X1 sDrive20d EfficientDynamics Edition qualify like an "environment friendly" car as its under the 120g/km CO2. But as its "s" drive its not 4*4...
* BMW X3 with M-sport package (2.0d, 3.0d or 3.5d, 12 months delivery for new cars! So dealer cars or slots is the only way to get this one. Superb car and look good if you add M package, same size as the old X5)
* BMW X5 (4.0d. Excellent car. I have one and love it. Much larger than the Evoque both outside and inside. More of a RR Sport options than Evoque)
* BMW X6 (4.0d. Go for the 5-seater. Superb driveline. Looks super with performance package in white! Same type of car like the Evoque but different size. You either hate it or love it.)
* BMW 525xd/530xd/535xd (one of the best sedans out there. I would vote for the 535xd with the 8-speed automatic. Or wait for the 550xd)
* The new 3-series. Love the new 320d! Its an environment friendly car in Sweden even if you fit trailer hitch, 8-speed automatic and nice wheels. The old one you could not have a hitch or automatic to be environment friendly. Meaning no tax etc. Will be interesting to see if the touring will also qualify when it do come out around summer.

When I did cancel my order of the Evoque (sad as I love the car) I did decide to keep my X5 as the 4*4 and to buy a fun car. So I did order a new BMW 1M Coupe instead. Cannot say that its an option to the Evoque as its totally different car. But I think you get my logic as I did keep the X5. I will take a look at changing the X5 in the autumn again and revisit Landrover to check the status of the Evoque and the new Range Rover at that time. Maybe I will drive a RR sometime in the future.

My feedback is that the Evoque is a lovely car! If you think its worth it wait for it! I know you will be satisfied. I loved driving it and thought it was way much better than I would have expected! I hope they get deliveries working and the information to you all so you know when to get your lovely car! I do envy you but don't regret my choice. I long for spring and some track days in my new 1M! Wink

None of those car is as offroad as the evoque so if that is what you need forget those. Bad roads are tough winter conditions is no problem at all though.
Agree on the Volvo XC60! Its a very nice car. Being Swedish they are very common over here though. Almost like it will be driving Evoque in the UK. Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2011 08:50am by hybris.)
29-10-2011 08:42am
Token

I'd buy an Evoque off a speculator rather than buy one of the alternatives. It means paying a grand over list...but I'd rather pay a grand and have the car I want than settle for a car I don't. Plus, life is too short...if I had to wait another 6 months then I'd pay a grand to be spending the next 6 months to be driving around in one.

I test drive loads of cars before buying the Evoque, including cars over £50k and nothing could come close in terms of offering the complete package.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
29-10-2011 09:26am
Urban Splash

I went to a BMW garage yesterday. Up to a years wait for an x3.

I'm strangely drawn to an x6.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
29-10-2011 11:00am
Daigriff

(29-10-2011 11:00am)Urban Splash Wrote:  I went to a BMW garage yesterday. Up to a years wait for an x3.

I'm strangely drawn to an x6.....

I'm with you urban, I actually do like the styling of the X6 and as long as you only need 4 seats not 5 its a great motor...but I dont want one as much as i want an Evoque.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
29-10-2011 11:27am
Token

2 years?? Wow!

The X6 is a lovely car. But pointless. But lovely. But pointless. But lovely. But pointless. But lovely. But pointless.

Welcome to the inside of my head prior to ordering the Evoque!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
29-10-2011 11:28am
ED209

hmm what about a skoda superb estate, 170hp 4x4 diesel elegance spec comes in about 23.5k via drive the deal and to be honest the spec on them is huge!
29-10-2011 02:16pm
paulus599

A bit left field, but if you want something with a bit of style, how about a Citroen DS4. Fully spec'd you are looking at around £26k. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet so don't know what the build quality's like tho.

For me I wouldn't look at any other 4x4, nothing else does it for me, so if I had to cancel (and it's looking more and more likely) I'd probably look at something totally different, i.e. if I was going to be the main driver, maybe a used Nissan GTR or Jaguar XKR (avoiding the JLR dealers Confused ). I won't be the main driver though, so it would be down to the Mrs who would probably go for the latest SLK.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
29-10-2011 03:03pm