Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
All Threads about Delays merged into one
V8M3

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one

If they don't get it sorted the Evoque may end up being the car of choice for a remake of Back to the Future

Mini Cooper 2.0 SD
15-10-2011 11:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No it will become Tata's version of the Hoover Free Flights offer.................. a laughing stock

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-10-2011 11:39am
Urban Splash

I have been notified of a further delay to my car. Last week it was for delivery in between Christmas and new year. Now, just 'next year'. Really disappointed. As a new customer to LR, I'm not impressed. The dealers are in an awful position. Obviously this is affecting Freelander deliveries also. With winter fast approaching, it's a disaster for LR.

It was mentioned that a letter has been issued to dealers explaining current build dates shown on vista are inaccurate. There will be a re-scheduling exercise on Wednesday this week, build dates shown from this point will be more accurate.

Not very happy....

Oh, and they had estimated 50 50 split for coupe/5 door. In reality, 5 door has sold way more, hence the supply issues and delays for 5 door.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
15-10-2011 12:57pm
berlin2011

(15-10-2011 12:57pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Oh, and they had estimated 50 50 split for coupe/5 door. In reality, 5 door has sold way more, hence the supply issues and delays for 5 door.

I was at the dealers this morning (dealer launch in SA today) and I was struck by the fact that both dealers I went to (one had 10 cars on the floor and the other had 4 on the floor and 2 demos) every single car was 5 door…..

A bit of a let down as I wanted to see the coupe (although I had a long look at the coupe at the Johannesburg International Motor Show last week), but still was surprised to not see a single coupe between 16 cars at dealerships….

So suppose in a long winded way, yes 5 door seems way more popular.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
15-10-2011 04:28pm
XFullFatTim

IIRC at the launch LR reckoned 25% Coupe and 75% 5 Doors as the split.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-10-2011 04:34pm
berlin2011

Dealer was surprised as well but did mention that the entire first batch of cars was ordered directly by LR SA, so no customer specced cars in the batch being delivered on Monday - all those were bought off a list of LR ordered cars…

So they have something like 5 firenze red, with white pano roof and verve interior cars on the floor now (all locked ready for collection nxt week)

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2011 04:51pm by berlin2011.)
15-10-2011 04:50pm
mark_n

(15-10-2011 11:16am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Mark, the recent fatal accident at the factory was in the panel pressing dept - possibly the die involved was for a door for the 5 door version and HSE has stopped all processes in that area of the factory until their investigations are complete.

Yes I know that and if the area is still closed, they won't be making any cars. Even if it's not, you can imagine that if the die for one of the 5 pressing operations for a door is damaged, it's a major problem for them.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-10-2011 05:18pm
XFullFatTim

Not something that you can just get off the shelf I would imagine........... the names at Lloyds' must be having fits worrying about how much the insurers are going to have to pay out for all this!

15-10-2011 05:23pm
Jonathon555

I went to place a deposit today & was told delivery would be July .

I did not put my deposit down, I am going to have a think about it.

It was the words " there is no gaurantee For July delivery"

If L R don't get a grip, it could see customers shopping elsewhere, yet the promotion band wagon rolls on.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
15-10-2011 05:27pm
mark_n

You can imagine "Good News, Bad News. The Good News is that our delivery guesses will now be much more accurate. The Bad News is we'll only guess the year and leave you to guess the month and day."

I agree JLR need to get a grip otherwise it will turn into one of those case studies in Business Schools.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-10-2011 05:58pm