Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm behaviour
Offroadstu

RE: Alarm behaviour

Landrover called me yesterday and said they have not solved the software problem yet. They have a customer car at the factory and once they solve it on this car they will release the software for my car which is still at the dealers. I still have the D4 which must be costing LR a bit to hire each day. If you had concerns about MPG with the Evoque borrow a D4 for a while lol. It may be a while was the last response!
06-03-2013 07:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MyFirstRR

Thanks for the update. I went in to my dealer today to ask about the problem, they said I have to phone landrover assist and they'll arrange another car while they look at mine. She also mentioned that one car has been sent to landrover and they have another three they are monitoring at the Aberdeen dealership. I'm inclined to wait for a bit and hope they find a resolution rather than just leave it for an unknown duration. I asked her to contact me if there is any update but I expect you may be able to keep me more informed. Hope they get it resolved!
06-03-2013 07:16pm
RacingSnake

From the end of next week, they have my car to play with for 3 weeks.
I fully expect it to be sorted by the time I'm back from Holiday!!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-03-2013 09:59am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Enjoy your holiday Racing Snake!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-03-2013 08:26pm
RacingSnake

Cheers, very much needed! Just 1 more week to endure Neutral

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
07-03-2013 08:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Offroadstu

LR are now in a position to put the software onto my car Monday morning, which will apparently rectify the problem. The dealership have told LR they want to keep the car for a couple of days to check it has fixed the issue. Should get my car back end of next week. The D4 is very nice but looking forward to getting my RRE back.
08-03-2013 03:00pm
MyFirstRR

Sounds promising...
08-03-2013 04:45pm
scrannel

Forgive me ahead of time, I didn't read all the posts. But if memory serves me, many car alarms can be triggered by a lowering of the car voltage because crooks used to try to disable alarms by cutting (literally) the power. Usually these alarms have a small battery inside that allows them to go off even if there is no main power. So many of these cars have been having battery issues it's possible they may be related. Just a guess.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 03:19am by scrannel.)
09-03-2013 03:19am
RacingSnake

Yeah, it's been mentioned a few times Very Happy

09-03-2013 09:37am
scrannel

(09-03-2013 09:37am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Yeah, it's been mentioned a few times Very Happy

And..?

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
09-03-2013 12:50pm