Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems?
dead_evil17

Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems?

hi,
Just got my dynamic evoque for not even a week and i am having problem with the AFS headlamp. When i drove at night suddenly the AFS warning signal pops up and the xenon light moves downward which affect the light visibility distance. Very irritating that u cant really see whats infront. Anyone has this problem?

Finally: white 5door evouqe dynamic lux pack with ebony interior and ivory headlining.

current: 2010 cayenne gts, white evoque dynamic
15-12-2011 12:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ezandania

RE: Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems?

I think ur the first one to report this mate...hope its nothing serious Sad

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
15-12-2011 04:19pm
IKM

That's really scary! Picking up new car tomorrow, and I'll be checking that out straight away.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
15-12-2011 04:44pm
Claud

Evoques with adaptive lights were delayed a while back due to supply issues, well it could be they actually had quality control issues which caused the delays. I was strongly considering have adaptive lights, but along with the long list of faults on my FFRR I had an adaptive light ECU failure dealt with under warranty, so elected just to stick with plane old Xenons on mine.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
15-12-2011 10:07pm
Ezandania

Claud, what was the resolve on your Adaptive light failure previously? Was it some faulty sensor?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
15-12-2011 11:12pm
dead_evil17

Just got back from the rr workshop yest and they reset the system. After trying afew test drive the the warning light didnt appear anymore. But when i got home, hit a bump and the warning lights pops up again.They say need 2 days to really fix this problem. Is this the same as ur rr claud?

Finally: white 5door evouqe dynamic lux pack with ebony interior and ivory headlining.

16-12-2011 09:07am
Claud

(16-12-2011 09:07am)dead_evil17 Wrote:  Just got back from the rr workshop yest and they reset the system. After trying afew test drive the the warning light didnt appear anymore. But when i got home, hit a bump and the warning lights pops up again.They say need 2 days to really fix this problem. Is this the same as ur rr claud?

Hmm I wonder if there is an issue with getting parts in Indonesia just now, as resetting the system is a bit of a cop out and not providing a permanent fix.

Guava in Surrey UK diagnosed a new ECU on my faulty lights on the FFRR and swapped it out under warranty in a day, get your dealer to do the same if the issue persists; otherwise it means changing the headlight unit(s) which could provide delays if they are still in short supply. The diagnostics should tell them if a device is faulty and if so which part, you need to interrogate them.

If the dealer does not provide a quick fix, Guava International supports many dealers in Indonesia:

http://landrover.guavauk.com/guava-inter...indonesia/

If yours is listed, have them contact Guava in the UK, they provide international support. Let me know how you get on, I know the guys well down there and may be able to help out...Wink

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 03:41pm by Claud.)
16-12-2011 03:31pm
dead_evil17

thanks for the info. really appreciate it claud. actually they are the only dealer in Indonesia and i am quite close to them.

16-12-2011 06:28pm