babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? (/Thread-Adative-Front-lighting-System-headlamp-problems)

Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? - dead_evil17 - 15-12-2011 12:43pm

hi,
Just got my dynamic evoque for not even a week and i am having problem with the AFS headlamp. When i drove at night suddenly the AFS warning signal pops up and the xenon light moves downward which affect the light visibility distance. Very irritating that u cant really see whats infront. Anyone has this problem?

RE: Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? - Ezandania - 15-12-2011 04:19pm

I think ur the first one to report this mate...hope its nothing serious Sad

RE: Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? - IKM - 15-12-2011 04:44pm

That's really scary! Picking up new car tomorrow, and I'll be checking that out straight away.

RE: Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? - Claud - 15-12-2011 10:07pm

Evoques with adaptive lights were delayed a while back due to supply issues, well it could be they actually had quality control issues which caused the delays. I was strongly considering have adaptive lights, but along with the long list of faults on my FFRR I had an adaptive light ECU failure dealt with under warranty, so elected just to stick with plane old Xenons on mine.

RE: Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? - Ezandania - 15-12-2011 11:12pm

Claud, what was the resolve on your Adaptive light failure previously? Was it some faulty sensor?

RE: Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? - dead_evil17 - 16-12-2011 09:07am

Just got back from the rr workshop yest and they reset the system. After trying afew test drive the the warning light didnt appear anymore. But when i got home, hit a bump and the warning lights pops up again.They say need 2 days to really fix this problem. Is this the same as ur rr claud?

RE: Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? - Claud - 16-12-2011 03:31pm

(16-12-2011 09:07am)dead_evil17 Wrote:  Just got back from the rr workshop yest and they reset the system. After trying afew test drive the the warning light didnt appear anymore. But when i got home, hit a bump and the warning lights pops up again.They say need 2 days to really fix this problem. Is this the same as ur rr claud?

Hmm I wonder if there is an issue with getting parts in Indonesia just now, as resetting the system is a bit of a cop out and not providing a permanent fix.

Guava in Surrey UK diagnosed a new ECU on my faulty lights on the FFRR and swapped it out under warranty in a day, get your dealer to do the same if the issue persists; otherwise it means changing the headlight unit(s) which could provide delays if they are still in short supply. The diagnostics should tell them if a device is faulty and if so which part, you need to interrogate them.

If the dealer does not provide a quick fix, Guava International supports many dealers in Indonesia:

http://landrover.guavauk.com/guava-international-dealers/asia-pacific/indonesia/

If yours is listed, have them contact Guava in the UK, they provide international support. Let me know how you get on, I know the guys well down there and may be able to help out...Wink

RE: Adative Front lighting System headlamp problems? - dead_evil17 - 16-12-2011 06:28pm

thanks for the info. really appreciate it claud. actually they are the only dealer in Indonesia and i am quite close to them.