Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
9 Speed Auto Gearbox Delay
Stadt Panzer

Heard from my dealer today that all cars ordered with the 9-speed auto box have a 8 week build constraint on them due to shortage.

Earliest delivery date now end of Jan 15.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
26-09-2014 08:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 9 Speed Auto Gearbox Delay

I wonder if this is because there is such demand for this gearbox in the Evoque (and the situation has been made worse by Jeep now using it in the new Cherokee) or whether it is because there might be problems with a handful of them....................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 08:58pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-09-2014 08:58pm
recordman

Expect that they've got to put some aside for the 'sporty' Disco too.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
26-09-2014 09:20pm
Tony

(26-09-2014 08:58pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  or whether it is because there might be problems with a handful of them....................

This may well be the case, mine is still erratic, totally pi55ed off with the car, the dealer and LRCS.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
27-09-2014 11:45am
m_101

Tony I would definitely reject your vehicle in the same situation. If mine had had a major mechanical failure so soon after buying it I would have done nothing short of demand my money back and quote trading standards. It's the same with a TV or a new phone (although those are way less expensive and high-stakes than a £50k car). If it's annoying you and has spent so long doing so, it's just going to make you resent ever getting it. Rattles aren't great but are tolerable. A major mechanical failure means the car isn't fit for purpose. I would be asking the dealer principal to take a drive in yours back to back with a demonstrator and tell you that they are the same?
(Ps just friendly advice, not being bossy or horrible or anything!)

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2014 08:59pm by m_101.)
27-09-2014 08:54pm
Tony

(27-09-2014 08:54pm)m_101 Wrote:  Tony I would definitely reject your vehicle in the same situation. If mine had had a major mechanical failure so soon after buying it I would have done nothing short of demand my money back and quote trading standards. It's the same with a TV or a new phone (although those are way less expensive and high-stakes than a £50k car). If it's annoying you and has spent so long doing so, it's just going to make you resent ever getting it. Rattles aren't great but are tolerable. A major mechanical failure means the car isn't fit for purpose. I would be asking the dealer to take a drive in yours back to back with a demonstrator and tell you that they are the same?

Tried, just getting the run-around from the dealer and LRCS. Dealer claims it is working as it should, as far as I am concerned it is the worst auto I have ever driven and thats been quite a few!. Just waiting until it gets trailered away again and will call in the media. Before retirement I was a Communications Manager at a division of a large blue chip company, I know how to pull the media strings. If LR don't sort this I am going for maximum damage, this car is going to hurt them.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
27-09-2014 09:05pm
Stadt Panzer

Tony,
I must have missed it, what's wrong with the car?

27-09-2014 10:02pm
Craig_d1

(27-09-2014 10:02pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Tony,

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Gearbox-F...Speed-Auto
27-09-2014 10:59pm
Tony

(27-09-2014 10:02pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Tony,

1- cannot decide what gear it needs, seems like the gear box has altzimers
2- Pulling away on very light throttle the engine holds on to a low gear and run up to 3000rpm
3- If the paddle shift is used it remains in manual mode, even after 5 miles, it should time out, the 6 speed did so after less than a mile.
4- if cruise is engaged and it comes to an incline will not change down until the transimission starts to judder
5- when park is selected and foot brake released car will lunge forwards a few inches (50mm)
6- several other occurances of the abnormal operation; not kicking down when rapid acceleration required and not changing up again afterwards.

I have driven a lot of auto cars over the years, this is by far the worst auto box I have driven including USA stuff 25 years ago!. I rarely use the paddle shift, all occurances when the gearbox freaked out the paddle shift has NOT been used, the dealer says I may have inadvertantly activated the paddle - Bo11ocks!

The gear box worked fine until about 700 miles when it lost drive after a ECO stop at a roundabout and threw up a gearbox fault code P07E3 and was trailered back to the dealer by LR assist. Dealer had the car for a week (I had a 57 plate VW Polo for 1 1/2 days) and delared the car fixed after a 'software re-flash'.

I have always supported British products, the head will rule the next car purchase decision and it will not be anything built in the UK.

27-09-2014 11:05pm
Stadt Panzer

Wow, and have you spoken to Pete at LRCS?

All your troubles hint towards a software problem and not the gearbox its self.

I'm really surprised you haven't dropped it at the dealership and told them to sort it as you start calling your lawyer!

I believe that half the problems LR are having are down to lazy none caring dealerships. I'm one of the lucky few that have a really good dealer.

28-09-2014 09:15am