Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4pm Sunday 7th in York..
Urban Splash

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York..

(07-08-2011 06:25pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  If the cars had the dual view screen then I believe the resolution on that isn't as good as on the "single view" screens so it may be that the car you had was one with a dual view screen Splash

Might have been dual view..... Shame I did't get to play with the system a bit more....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
07-08-2011 06:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Dual view is switchable - the switch is the top right button on the screen surround IIRC so if you have a photo of the screen take a look for a switch with an icon that looks like two overlapping pages in landscape mode on it

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 06:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-08-2011 06:55pm
Urban Splash

(07-08-2011 06:55pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Dual view is switchable - the switch is the top right button on the screen surround IIRC so if you have a photo of the screen take a look for a switch with an icon that looks like two overlapping pages in landscape mode on it

Will check through my pics....cheers!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
07-08-2011 06:59pm
Gorjan

Any comments on AD vs. Non-AD equipped cars?

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
07-08-2011 06:59pm
paulelescoces

Please post lots of pics and give us all your info Smile
My order will be fixed in long before I see the thing outside of a computer screen so really value any additional info. Very interested in thoughts on the Dynamic (non-plus) Interior in Vibe (Black).
07-08-2011 07:17pm
paulus599

(07-08-2011 06:00pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  By the way we were eating on a table with two couples of Geordies .... Anyone on here about 12.30ish?

If one of them had a broken wrist with a purple sleeve over the plaster, that would have been us (not me I hasten to add, but the mrs). We should have all worn something to identify ourselves as being forum members, I didn't like to go around asking everyone!

Have to agree with what has already been said, it's a fantastic 3.5 hrs or so. Very well organized, slick really and the cars looked stunning regardless of what colour or spec. Our drive was in virtually the car we have ordered, Prestige coupe, Fuji white SD4, auto. Difference was it had the 20" polished style 8 alloys (very bling!) and the ambiance interior. As already stated non of the cars had the Element interior, and the exterior colours were limited to red, grey, silver, black and white.

The first thing you notice really is the build quality, which is excellent. Everything has a quality feel, from the switches to the materials that have been used. On the road, the car is very refined, quiet and with a reasonable ride (even on a non AD 20" shod car). There is a little tyre noise when the speed picks up a little, but definately not overly intrusive. The SD4 engine hustle's along reasonably well, certainly no tarmac burner, but is brisk enough to keep you entertained - especially as it's combined with very flat handling, almost sports car like.

This was the first time that I've ever driven an Auto, so difficult to comment on this objectively. All I can say is that it seemed a little lazy to me, i.e even in kick down, there was a little delay in the power coming in, but don't know wether this was due to turbo lag or the box itself (or maybe I was unjustly comparing it to the power delivery of the car I'd driven there, a manual TTS).

One for Tim. The switch to slide the seat base forward on the Dynamic plus seats is on the opposite 'shoulder' of the seat from what you'd expect, i.e. its on the side nearest the transmission tunnel. A little strange as you have to lean across the seat to get to it, easy if people are getting in the passenger side though and you are already behind the wheel.

So, all in all a great afternoon. Still very impressed with the car and I certainly won't be cancelling my order Very Happy

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 03:44pm by paulus599.)
07-08-2011 08:37pm
cjfp

Did anyone ask if these cars were full production models or possibly still the TT pre-production ones that they have been using with the Press recently? I wouldn't mind betting that they are still Pre ones.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-08-2011 08:44pm
tash

I think they where pre-production as some of the trim such as chrome on window line was on the dynamic model I drove, think this should be gloss black.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 09:11pm by tash.)
07-08-2011 09:11pm
cjfp

So hopefully 'our' cars will be even better!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-08-2011 09:13pm
Urban Splash

I thought the guy doing the introduction/briefing mentioned that these cars were the first 'production' vehicles off the line....

07-08-2011 09:16pm