Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4pm Sunday 7th in York..
nishandf

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York..

Can you guys check out any Orkney Grey's and any pics would be appreciated.
Have a good one!Very Happy
07-08-2011 08:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

On our way nowSmile
07-08-2011 09:05am
ajmooseman

2;15 for me....can't wait!
07-08-2011 09:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Hope the weather down there is better than it is here today, hope you all enjoy yourselves - at least you will get to see what the wet weather handling is like if the rain is coming down in stair-rods like it has been here overnight. Thank goodness the Unleashed events for Scotland were last week when we had our summer and could test out the efficiency of the air-con!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 09:35am by XFullFatTim.)
07-08-2011 09:34am
tash

(07-08-2011 03:07am)DJ2Tall Wrote:  Anyone else already been to York? What did you think? What was the off road bit like? Where does the pre prescribed course take you? Will I be able to pop home and see if it will fit round my drive?!!

DJ

You follow a route programmed into the satnav which takes about 45mins goes around York on outer ring road then onto A64 then back through centre around the walls, unsure if you home is on the route. The off road is just the terapod system in the grounds of the race course, didnt bother stopping for that.

I have plenty of photos and have a good picture of a grey dynamic with style 6 alloys. Seeing all the cars thought the grey looked lovely, in fact thought it was better than the black I ordered. The 3 door has to be white with 20" wheels, when you see them.

The access to the rear of the 3dr is flawed, the seat moves forward electrically but doesnt move back? didnt try memory as this may move it but thought pressing the button to bring forward would send it back when button for reverse was pressed.

Event is really good, not many people there, lots of time to look at cars, just get there a good half an hour early, as they are very organised and you start the briefing on time and then out in the cars....about 25 cars to chose from if early.
07-08-2011 09:51am
ED209

Enjoy all- even though I am a little bit angry/disappointed about missing out as I have been waiting for a cancellation for today for about 6 weeks but i am aware that others have rang this week and mamanged to swap times/days over to sunday. Thanks JLR for ringing me like you promised - not.
07-08-2011 09:52am
paulelescoces

Hi All, finalizing my spec as we speak. Any additional input/photos comparing dynamic & prestige interiors would be very much appreciated. (deciding if to stick with dynamic or switch to prestige)
07-08-2011 09:58am
DJ2Tall

Thanks Tash.

I live about 20 mins away in Leeds so prob wouldn't have time to pop home!! I know traffic in York is terrible at the best of times and it can take 45 mins sometimes to get to the A64 from the Knavesmire!!

Will post my thoughts later.
07-08-2011 10:18am
DJ2Tall

Got here early to get 5dr Dynamic. Just been told the car we were allocated had 'technical issues' ie broken down so they have put us in a 3dr!

TBC...
07-08-2011 04:04pm
DynamicRRV

Just got back.What a fantastic day out.Had an hours drive around York in a Dynamic Lux Coupe Si4(exactly what Ive ordered except this was Firenze and mine is Fuji). After the drive had a two course meal with butler service and drinks and then after that did the off roading terrapod(brilliant!).

Thoughts on the Evoque...in all honesty I drove up in my Range Rover Supercharged 2007MY so that I could "feel" any comparisons there and back.

I am literally "over happy" with the Baby Range in every way......

The interior lights are operated by fingertip touch....quality!

The rear wiper is hidden underneath the rear spoiler and operates at a single touch....quality!

The stereo.......AMAZING....better than the Big Ranges Harmon Kardon!

The drive...surpassed my expectations...very responsive,nimble,great road view and presence...Sports car feel with Range Rover bulk.

The auto-gearbox...sublime.

Sheer quality,no expense spared and drives fabulous.

On the way home the Big Range felt slightly dated in comparison and less sprightly despite its double sized engine.

The only thing the big Range has is superior "bolt upright" seating as in roadview,but I prefer the lower stance looking out of the screen at the bulbous Evoque bonnet!

IM SMITTEN....Cant wait till end Sept!
Just got back.What a fantastic day out.Had an hours drive around York in a Dynamic Lux Coupe Si4(exactly what Ive ordered except this was Firenze and mine is Fuji). After the drive had a two course meal with butler service and drinks and then after that did the off roading terrapod(brilliant!).

Thoughts on the Evoque...in all honesty I drove up in my Range Rover Supercharged 2007MY so that I could "feel" any comparisons there and back.

I am literally "over happy" with the Baby Range in every way......

The interior lights are operated by fingertip touch....quality!

The rear wiper is hidden underneath the rear spoiler and operates at a single touch....quality!

The stereo.......AMAZING....better than the Big Ranges Harmon Kardon!

The drive...surpassed my expectations...very responsive,nimble,great road view and presence...Sports car feel with Range Rover bulk.

The auto-gearbox...sublime.

Sheer quality,no expense spared and drives fabulous.

On the way home the Big Range felt slightly dated in comparison and less sprightly despite its double sized engine.

The only thing the big Range has is superior "bolt upright" seating as in roadview,but I prefer the lower stance looking out of the screen at the bulbous Evoque bonnet!

IM SMITTEN....Cant wait till end Sept!
Just to add....

Dynamic non plus dash is nice but not as nice as the leather topper in the plus/prestige.....however the black Dynamic seats are the dogs and therefore the compromise is worth it!
Just to add....

Dynamic non plus dash is nice but not as nice as the leather topper in the plus/prestige.....however the black Dynamic seats are the dogs and therefore the compromise is worth it!
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 04:43pm by DynamicRRV.)
07-08-2011 04:41pm