Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3 Year Service Packages.
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: 3 Year Service Packages.

What a rip off!

Why is the servicing is not smart on these vehicles, so regardless if you do the 14.5K miles of 4K a year you have a service, could it be that it guarantees an income stream for the dealer??

Top Tips:
1. Do what I do and buy your oil and parts online and just pay the stealer for their labour; you still get the stamp in the book, which really is all we are after.

2. I fill the screenwash as I take the car to the dealer etc etc. Remember what fits a 2.2D Peugeot/Citroen/Ford/Mazda/Vovlo engine will fit in a JLR product. I buy my oil filters at Citroen for my Ford 1.6 TDCi as they are half the price. You will often find loads of LR branded procducts on e-bay and the such like or national motor factors (Moderator: am I alllowed to name the one I use as they are awesome?) where often prices are much less than dealers as they are not in the dealers packaging, but are the same product.

3. Ask them not to wash/hoover the car (you are paying for the privilage, it is not part of the service)

4. Shop around. Last year I lived in the Midlands and phoned 6 ford garages within 20 miles of wehere I lived (3 of whom were in the same group franchise) for a minor service. The lowest price was £140, the highest £260.

The bottom Line, £1200 for three years equals 3 x oil changes (30mins work each), a brake fluid change (30mins work), three pollen fliter renewals (10 mins each), a fuel fliter (30 mins) and an air filter (10 mins). So about 4 hours of work and some parts at grossly inflated prices.

Just for comparisons sake, I was going to buy a Bmw 520d (from a normal UK dealer) if the Evoque fell through, the BMW fixed service price for 5 years/60,000 miles is under £400 and you buy it when you order the car from your dealer. Slightly better value for money me thinks?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
28-11-2011 01:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oop north

(28-11-2011 01:43pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Just for comparisons sake, I was going to buy a Bmw 520d (from a normal UK dealer) if the Evoque fell through, the BMW fixed service price for 5 years/60,000 miles is under £400 and you buy it when you order the car from your dealer. Slightly better value for money me thinks?

But that doesn't include brake discs and pads - including them pushes the cost up very considerably to £1,550 see here
29-11-2011 04:17pm
THEMACS

What does the LR Service Pack Include? Also can you purchase from a different dealer from where you purchased your car?

My nearest Dealer isn't the one where we are getting the car from but for service would probably prefer it being the closer one!

With my All Inlusive BMW 5 Year pack it can be used at any dealer I presume as in reality you buy it from BMW Not the dealer.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
29-11-2011 05:46pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(29-11-2011 04:17pm)oop north Wrote:  But that doesn't include brake discs and pads - including them pushes the cost up very considerably to £1,550 see here

I get what you are saying, but most people might go through a set of pads, but not discs in 3 yrs or 40K, and normally these are much cheaper to get fixed at a Kwik Fit type place?? Even if LR includes this in its package does it justify 1200 pounds+??

- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
30-11-2011 09:54am
Tony

(30-11-2011 09:54am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  I get what you are saying, but most people might go through a set of pads, but not discs in 3 yrs or 40K, and normally these are much cheaper to get fixed at a Kwik Fit type place?? Even if LR includes this in its package does it justify 1200 pounds+??

I suspect the LR 3 year service package at £1200 does not include discs or pads, I stand to be corrected if anyone has the schedule. The FL2 annual service costs circa £400 (£1200 over 3 years) and that cost only includes oils, filters and very expensive labour, discs and pads are not included. There is no reason why the Evoque diesel should be more expensive to service than the FL2 other than milking the customer for a premium brand.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
30-11-2011 10:11am
Radeco

Guy Salmon (Sheffield) just quoted me *3 services for £961 inc VAT. Might see if I can chip them a little - Very Happy

G4 Freelander 2005 V6 HSE Stage 1 Thailand/Laos. HQ Support
Gone - Grey Freelander 2 2011 SD4 XS Works Van !
Still missing my Evo.
30-11-2011 01:11pm
leesug

(28-11-2011 11:04am)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  I was told each Franchise Dealer has it own service pakage price.

Was offered £28 a month for 2 years just yesterday. From what I read that seems like a decent deal. Only covers fluid and filter changes, but anything else non wear and tear should be under warranty I assume.

Pure SD4 Manual, Orkney Grey with Black interior, pure style pack, Xenons and a range of dealer fit extras that added £1k to my bill! (managed to secure a showroom car)
Ex too many, but slightly interesting Porsche 911 3.2, 996, 928 * 2, Saab, BMW, Merc a plenty....
30-11-2011 02:31pm
ytshome

My dealer (Stratstone) is offering a service plan at £27 per month over 31 months but it doesn't spell out how many years and what's included. I've just emailed for more information.

On the face of it it does seem comparitively decent value subject to seeing what's on offer but the only thing that did shock me slightly was that the Evoque was the dearest car to serivic along with the FFRR. The sport was £31.00 cheaper over the term and the Freelander and disc cheaper still.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 03:43pm by ytshome.)
30-11-2011 03:43pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(30-11-2011 10:11am)Tony Wrote:  . There is no reason why the Evoque diesel should be more expensive to service than the FL2 other than milking the customer for a premium brand.

+1

01-12-2011 10:14am
vinda

(30-11-2011 01:11pm)Radeco Wrote:  Guy Salmon (Sheffield) just quoted me *3 services for £961 inc VAT. Might see if I can chip them a little - Very Happy

Guy salmon quoted me 250 more than that. Gonna call them strate away
01-12-2011 12:01pm