Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2015MY Pure Tech - No Fog Lights
is1983

2015MY Pure Tech - No Fog Lights

Hi,

I'm just after some advice and clarification if possible.

I have purchased a 2015MY Pure Tech without the fog lights, my understanding is that the insert/bezel on the 2015MY would be black as per the online configurator (see second photo).

My car has been delivered with the Silver/Brunel ones (see first photo).

After speaking with LR customer services, I have been told that the black ones are for the Dynamic and Dynamic Lux.

This doesn't make sense as the Dynamic and Lux models come as standard with the fog lights.

Even the site picture shows a pure tech without the fog lights and black insert.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0BxJJHIEY-UqYQWRwdmN5ZW5nQ2s]

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0BxJJHIEY-UqYc3h0RWM4MjVfQ0k]

Thanks
14-08-2014 08:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: 2015MY Pure Tech - No Fog Lights

(14-08-2014 08:34pm)is1983 Wrote:  Hi,

I'm just after some advice and clarification if possible.

I have purchased a 2015MY Pure Tech without the fog lights, my understanding is that the insert/bezel on the 2015MY would be black as per the online configurator (see second photo).

My car has been delivered with the Silver/Brunel ones (see first photo).

After speaking with LR customer services, I have been told that the black ones are for the Dynamic and Dynamic Lux.

This doesn't make sense as the Dynamic and Lux models come as standard with the fog lights.

Even the site picture shows a pure tech without the fog lights and black insert.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0BxJJHIEY-UqYQWRwdmN5ZW5nQ2s]

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0BxJJHIEY-UqYc3h0RWM4MjVfQ0k]

Thanks

well the only evoque fog light blanks ive seen are grey ones.
there has been a few fog lights for sale on ebay. so they could bee replaced with these and left unwired,just
cosmetic. or maybe wired in with a switch. Rolling Eyes

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 09:13pm by bee.)
14-08-2014 09:07pm
is1983

Thanks Bee,

I'm not trying to upgrade to fog lights, I just want to confirm if the ones I have are correct as I believe they should be the black ones.

I have seen a few cars with the back inserts and these must have been pure or pure tech as the others come with fogs as standard.
14-08-2014 10:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you read the configurator carefully I think you will find that there is a statement somewhere that says it may not be totally accurate and actual cars may be different from the build your own car feature. I've always thought that Pure spec had grey inserts it's the first I've heard of black ones.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-08-2014 03:20am
mark_n

It's interesting that front fog lights have been ditched from the RR Sport SVR. Maybe LR think they are there mainly for cosmetic use then serving any real purpose.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-08-2014 09:18am
is1983

(15-08-2014 03:20am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you read the configurator carefully I think you will find that there is a statement somewhere that says it may not be totally accurate and actual cars may be different from the build your own car feature. I've always thought that Pure spec had grey inserts it's the first I've heard of black ones.

But surely if every other model apart from the Pure and Pure Tech have fog lights as standard and the Pure had grey inserts then the black insert wouldn't be feature on any vehicle.

I have seen 2 vehicles with the black inserts, these must have been Pure or Pure Tech.
15-08-2014 10:08am
bee

i agree the grey ones look naff, it would bee easy to spray them black though.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 12:33pm by bee.)
15-08-2014 12:32pm
BobM

Might be an age thing but I think I vaguely remember that there may be fog light covers available and that is what could be shown in the picture.
I posted something a couple of years back about taking the inserts out and putting in 'for show only' foglights. A pig of a job without taking the bumper off but doubt if you will get the inserts out whole to paint them.

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
15-08-2014 09:02pm