Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2014 RRS
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

2014 RRS

I had a very long and interesting online survey sent to me listing possible spec and optional equipment for the next RRS. Took 30 minutes to complete and at the end from all my answers it proposed a spec that I might be happy with. Interesting options like 5/7 seat models, 4 engine options including hybrid, V6 diesel in high and lower power form, V8Diesel and S/Charged. All diesels were suggested could be combined with hybrid. Also comparison with various Q7's and with X5's - I commented that neither would ever appeal to me as they are just too bland and boring, and aren't really off road vehicles and I want serious of road capability, even if I ay not use it. Also commented that RRS should not be a 7 seater -any car with Sport in the name should not be an MPV as well, eave that to Disco4/5 and Defender3. Interesting that the suggested prices come well down toward Evoque's higher spec models - my preferred TDv8 8speed Auto with full 4x4, Luxury interior , opening pano roof, electrically deplorable towing kit and the 1700w Meridian audio with satnav and web access comes out in the region of £61000. I realise these are survey prices but they must have come from somewhere .

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 03:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-11-2012 03:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SimonS

RE: 2014 RRS

(24-11-2012 03:32pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I had a very long and interesting online survey sent to me listing possible spec and optional equipment for the next RRS. Took 30 minutes to complete and at the end from all my answers it proposed a spec that I might be happy with. Interesting options like 5/7 seat models, 4 engine options including hybrid, V6 diesel in high and lower power form, V8Diesel and S/Charged. All diesels were suggested could be combined with hybrid. Also comparison with various Q7's and with X5's - I commented that neither would ever appeal to me as they are just too bland and boring, and aren't really off road vehicles and I want serious of road capability, even if I ay not use it. Also commented that RRS should not be a 7 seater -any car with Sport in the name should not be an MPV as well, eave that to Disco4/5 and Defender3. Interesting that the suggested prices come well down toward Evoque's higher spec models - my preferred TDv8 8speed Auto with full 4x4, Luxury interior , opening pano roof, electrically deplorable towing kit and the 1700w Meridian audio with satnav and web access comes out in the region of £61000. I realise these are survey prices but they must have come from somewhere .

What has the tow bar done to so offend you? Wink

SD4 Manual Prestige/Baltic Blue/PSR/Privacy glass/heated Steering wheel/spare.
24-11-2012 05:04pm
BeemerBoy

interesting price but alas it will probably come to a lot more than that. I suspect they haven't taken the options into account yet. 61k sounds about right for standard spec doesn't it?

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
24-11-2012 09:50pm
XFullFatTim

(24-11-2012 05:04pm)SimonS Wrote:  What has the tow bar done to so offend you? Wink

Darned auto-spellers

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-11-2012 10:26am
akikan

(24-11-2012 03:32pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I had a very long and interesting online survey sent to me listing possible spec and optional equipment for the next RRS. Took 30 minutes to complete and at the end from all my answers it proposed a spec that I might be happy with. Interesting options like 5/7 seat models, 4 engine options including hybrid, V6 diesel in high and lower power form, V8Diesel and S/Charged. All diesels were suggested could be combined with hybrid. Also comparison with various Q7's and with X5's - I commented that neither would ever appeal to me as they are just too bland and boring, and aren't really off road vehicles and I want serious of road capability, even if I ay not use it. Also commented that RRS should not be a 7 seater -any car with Sport in the name should not be an MPV as well, eave that to Disco4/5 and Defender3. Interesting that the suggested prices come well down toward Evoque's higher spec models - my preferred TDv8 8speed Auto with full 4x4, Luxury interior , opening pano roof, electrically deplorable towing kit and the 1700w Meridian audio with satnav and web access comes out in the region of £61000. I realise these are survey prices but they must have come from somewhere .

any idea when it will release? thanks ~~
30-11-2012 09:13pm
XFullFatTim

In time for 2014 model year?

01-12-2012 10:08am
akikan

(01-12-2012 10:08am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In time for 2014 model year?
yea, very instread in 2014 RRS model, really love the 2013 range rover already.
02-12-2012 12:18am