Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2014 MY fully explained
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 2014 MY fully explained

It certainly isn't on the options lists that the dealers use to order new cars from as if it were available I would have specced it - I owe my life to the forward alert part of the adaptive cruise that was on my TDv8RRS

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-10-2013 06:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

"2014 MY sees the introduction of Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist, Forward Alert and Intelligent Emergency Braking."

The radar is fitted just behind the front grill and vehicles fitted with the radar will be distinguished by a unique grill with a reasonably obvious box mounted on it, as shown in some of the 2014 MY photos shown on here a month or so ago.

Those of you who recall seeing it in the launch publicity stuff were not dreaming it is coming on 2014MY
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 07:54pm by rchrdleigh.)
10-10-2013 07:53pm
XFullFatTim

well it wasn't available 3 weeks ago when I ordered my 2014MY and this has been confirmed to me by LRCS when I queried the Less Intelligent Braking option that was listed on my order printout. I shall query it again because that is one option I really would like. There are some options listed as not being available until "after January 2014" on the sheets the dealers have so it may be one of those.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 08:58pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-10-2013 08:50pm
cjking

It sounds like it's coming, eventually.

It is one of two things I haven't had before I most want on my next car, so not buying without it. (The other is satnav with traffic info as good as TomTom HD built in, as far as I can tell no-one offers that, so I've given up on waiting for that. Well obviously Renault and other companies that actually have TomTom built-in offer it, but they're not cars I want otherwise.)
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 10:57pm by cjking.)
10-10-2013 10:54pm
Aman05

(10-10-2013 08:50pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  well it wasn't available 3 weeks ago when I ordered my 2014MY and this has been confirmed to me by LRCS when I queried the Less Intelligent Braking option that was listed on my order printout. I shall query it again because that is one option I really would like. There are some options listed as not being available until "after January 2014" on the sheets the dealers have so it may be one of those.

Hi XFullFatTim,
My dealer processed the order and I have only a week left to make any changes to the order.
I am in US and I have 14MY + 5DR+ Prestige , Loire Blue +Silver Roof.
There are a few options on my order that I am not very clear about nor I know if there is any variation available for them at no added cost.

You think you can share your order printout in some means so that I can compare the Product Codes since the packages are not the same as available in UK specs.

That will be of great help XFullFatTim.
Thanks in advance!!

Hi All,
Need Help!!
Anybody from US who has place a 14MY order.
Can you please share your order printouts where I can see the product codes and compare with my order.
Also I am confused on few order codes:
086GZ : Park Assist : Is it advanced park assist (parallel park + exit and perpendicular park) or is it just Park Assist (parallel park +exit)
033GQ : Cooled and heated front seats and heated... (does this includes heated Rear Seats) ?
Also the Climate seats as I see in this link, will they be perforated like dynamic? even on prestige trim. My order is Ivory-Espresso
066GH : Blind Spot monitoring/Closing vehicle sensor (does this includes the Rear Vehicle detection as well ?)

InControl : the one with Phone App, SOS and emergency messages + vehicle tracking. Is this available in US?

For prestige : my order mentions chrome door handles , the MY14 spec as mentioned in that link says silver finishers on door handles. Which one applies?
Can I ask for door handles to be in body color instead of chrome?
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2013 11:55pm by Aman05.)
10-10-2013 11:45pm
Straydox

(10-10-2013 10:54pm)cjking Wrote:  It sounds like it's coming, eventually.

It is one of two things I haven't had before I most want on my next car, so not buying without it. (The other is satnav with traffic info as good as TomTom HD built in, as far as I can tell no-one offers that, so I've given up on waiting for that. Well obviously Renault and other companies that actually have TomTom built-in offer it, but they're not cars I want otherwise.)

Google Traffic data (I have it with the Mobile Connect High option on my SQ5) is very comparable to TomTomHD as it uses the movement of all the Android phones as a data source. The dynamic re-route capability is exceedingly effective.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
11-10-2013 12:19am
XFullFatTim

(10-10-2013 11:45pm)Aman05 Wrote:  Hi XFullFatTim,
My dealer processed the order and I have only a week left to make any changes to the order.
I am in US and I have 14MY + 5DR+ Prestige , Loire Blue +Silver Roof.
There are a few options on my order that I am not very clear about nor I know if there is any variation available for them at no added cost.

You think you can share your order printout in some means so that I can compare the Product Codes since the packages are not the same as available in UK specs.

That will be of great help XFullFatTim.
Thanks in advance!!

Hi All,
Need Help!!
Anybody from US who has place a 14MY order.
Can you please share your order printouts where I can see the product codes and compare with my order.
Also I am confused on few order codes:
086GZ : Park Assist : Is it advanced park assist (parallel park + exit and perpendicular park) or is it just Park Assist (parallel park +exit)
033GQ : Cooled and heated front seats and heated... (does this includes heated Rear Seats) ?
Also the Climate seats as I see in this link, will they be perforated like dynamic? even on prestige trim. My order is Ivory-Espresso
066GH : Blind Spot monitoring/Closing vehicle sensor (does this includes the Rear Vehicle detection as well ?)

InControl : the one with Phone App, SOS and emergency messages + vehicle tracking. Is this available in US?

For prestige : my order mentions chrome door handles , the MY14 spec as mentioned in that link says silver finishers on door handles. Which one applies?
Can I ask for door handles to be in body color instead of chrome?

The options and specs are different for the USA as some fittings we have are not allowed/ safety approved there so you have to take this into consideration with the options we have here.

a) 086GZ : Park Assist : Is it advanced park assist (parallel park + exit and perpendicular park) or is it just Park Assist (parallel park +exit) - On my order form I have no mention of Park Assist but I have code 086HA - Perpendicular Park assist and 087BB - Lux Pack (includes Parallel Park Assist) and 074NL Intelligent Pack

b) 033GQ : Cooled and heated front seats and heated... (does this includes heated Rear Seats) ?
I don't have the heated/cooled seat option, just heated. Rear seat heating is a separate option in the UK
and has code 033EQ - Heated seats front and rear

c) 066GH : Blind Spot monitoring/Closing vehicle sensor (does this includes the Rear Vehicle detection as well ?)
The code I have is 086GF Blind Spot/ Reverse Traffic Detect

d) I don't know which options are available in the USA so don't know if the In Control will be available. I have opted for both In Control Secure and In Control Remote (the option for the iPhone app) the codes for these are
011AB for the In Control Secure and 011BB for In Control Remote - this also includes 081BC - Stolen vehicle Tracking with engine blocking

e) Chrome or Silver - no difference, as mine is a Dynamic (I think in the US it is called the Sport Kit) so has body coloured door handles. I doubt that you can spec them on a Prestige but I would be happy to wager that if you dismantled the handles you would find they were silver covers over body coloured handles...........

I cannot send you a scan of my order as I cannot attach it to emails within the forum as far as I know, I have tried to email you my email address to get back to me with yours and I will gladly send you a copy. I prefer not to put it in open forum as it contains things like VIN and key numbers

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 08:33am by XFullFatTim.)
11-10-2013 08:30am
Aman05

(11-10-2013 08:30am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The options and specs are different for the USA as some fittings we have are not allowed/ safety approved there so you have to take this into consideration with the options we have here.

a) 086GZ : Park Assist : Is it advanced park assist (parallel park + exit and perpendicular park) or is it just Park Assist (parallel park +exit) - On my order form I have no mention of Park Assist but I have code 086HA - Perpendicular Park assist and 087BB - Lux Pack (includes Parallel Park Assist) and 074NL Intelligent Pack

b) 033GQ : Cooled and heated front seats and heated... (does this includes heated Rear Seats) ?
I don't have the heated/cooled seat option, just heated. Rear seat heating is a separate option in the UK
and has code 033EQ - Heated seats front and rear

c) 066GH : Blind Spot monitoring/Closing vehicle sensor (does this includes the Rear Vehicle detection as well ?)
The code I have is 086GF Blind Spot/ Reverse Traffic Detect

d) I don't know which options are available in the USA so don't know if the In Control will be available. I have opted for both In Control Secure and In Control Remote (the option for the iPhone app) the codes for these are
011AB for the In Control Secure and 011BB for In Control Remote - this also includes 081BC - Stolen vehicle Tracking with engine blocking

e) Chrome or Silver - no difference, as mine is a Dynamic (I think in the US it is called the Sport Kit) so has body coloured door handles. I doubt that you can spec them on a Prestige but I would be happy to wager that if you dismantled the handles you would find they were silver covers over body coloured handles...........

I cannot send you a scan of my order as I cannot attach it to emails within the forum as far as I know, I have tried to email you my email address to get back to me with yours and I will gladly send you a copy. I prefer not to put it in open forum as it contains things like VIN and key numbers

Thanks Tim, I just replied you on your shared e-mail from my gmail account and sent you my order sheet photo that my dealer has sent. Its only the first page he hasn't sent me all the pages. I have to visit him today.

Also, this explanation is great!!!
11-10-2013 05:59pm
HeartbreakRidge

(11-10-2013 05:59pm)Aman05 Wrote:  Thanks Tim, I just replied you on your shared e-mail from my gmail account and sent you my order sheet photo that my dealer has sent. Its only the first page he hasn't sent me all the pages. I have to visit him today.

Maybe you could ask your dealer if they have any idea what the hold up is on updating the RR website to MY2014 for the Evoque? It's making us window shoppers impatient! Cool

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
11-10-2013 06:39pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(10-10-2013 10:54pm)cjking Wrote:  It sounds like it's coming, eventually.

Prepare to be totally disappointed with the RR sat nav. IMHO the graffics and images are appalling. The TMC (well in Germany at least) is always behind the curve. I have a portable NavMan in my company car and now use this in my RR (pretty shocking really in a £46K car) as it gives real images of signposts, logos of the POI's and does something which the RR can't do such as auto zoom out on Motorways or as you drive faster. All the RR can do is Zoom in of you set a big scale. Shame to say they really need to take a look at the BMW Business system as a minimum and preferably Professional system and do a re-design ASAP. To me it really lets the car down.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
11-10-2013 06:55pm