Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st Service price differences, yikes!!!
xxxx5

RE: 1st Service price differences, yikes!!!

This is really intrested, can't believe there is such price difference.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
30-10-2012 09:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
richardk

£235; green oval, Leeds

(30-10-2012 01:17pm)forest172 Wrote:  Just rang around 4 local dealers to me asking what the 1st service will cost on my 2.2 auto evoque

prices as follows

Dealer 1 HUNTERS Derby :- £460.00Laughing
Dealer 2 GORDON LAMB Chesterfield :- £360.00Wink (to be fair they did come down to £325.00 after haggling)
Dealer 3 GUY SAMON Sheffield :- £280.00Very Happy
Dealer 4 STRATSTONE Nott`m :- £330.00Confused but will match my best price at £280.00, and will collect this tuesdayVery Happy

Dealer 1 ask me if I`d like it booking in and I replied "not at them prices!, when you serviced my disco 4 it wasn`t anywhere near that price." Her reply was well your new car is a "range Rover and not a Land rover, sir!" what`s that all about!?!

I will put dealers names by prices if anybodies interested to save time and effort of ringing about and if ok with mods
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 11:14pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-10-2012 10:22pm
schmidp

Hm, I thought Land Rover has fixed prices for the first service, at least that's what my dealer told me (Location: Austria).
31-10-2012 04:31am
Tony

(30-10-2012 06:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  One thing that I have found is that London has cheaper labour rates than up here in Scotland - we have far less choice of dealers up here and in the Central Belt I have the choice of 6 dealerships within 2 hours drive and 2 way up north.

My nearest dealer is in Inverness, a three hour drive. Service prices for FL2 were 15% higher than Trinity LandRover in Hinkley near where we used to live. Evoque is not due for service until Jan but I expect they will try and charge the wrong side of £400 for an oil change.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
31-10-2012 10:11am
speary

My Brother has a new FL2 and he just paid £350 for its first service

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
31-10-2012 01:47pm
Teetree

1st Service price differences, yikes!!!

£836.54 for 1st three services direct debit monthly over 32 months. Stratstones bury

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
31-10-2012 03:03pm
Brian GOG

(30-10-2012 10:22pm)richardk Wrote:  £235; green oval, Leeds

Thanks for the recommendation Richard, did you get sorted with the dealer over the clutch pedal switch?
Brian
Green Oval
01-11-2012 12:57am
caroline11000

Wow what a difference in price, pays to do some ringing around!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
01-11-2012 11:47am
speary

It is worth noting that Green Oval is not an authorised Land Rover Dealer, but an indepandent.
I have nothing against good independents and would use one myself after my warranty runs out. While the car is under warranty I think that if I used an independent for serviceng I would suffer financially at resale time due to not having main dealer stamps in my service book, no matter how good the independent was.
I would love it to be different and independents give much better value than main dealers but I cant take the risk, so it looks like circa £350 for my first service

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
02-11-2012 09:47am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There is nothing to stop you using an independent either so long as they use LR parts to carry out any work, do the work in accordance with LR service instructions and stamp your book. Land Rover also has approved "service only" outlets that are not dealerships, the problem is finding out who they are! They used to be listed in the back of the service manual but aren't any longer

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-11-2012 10:09am