Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st Remapped Evoque ever completed today :)
bell-auto-services

RE: 1st Remapped Evoque ever completed today :)

LOL ajmooseman, yes that is true im actually going as you say on oliday for a couple of weeks Smile
Spiderman, im aiming for 80-100nm depending on what the gearbox build and tollarance spec sheet says that im still absorbing Sad . I cant see the tuning ever being possibile with tools like the blufin device or even the BAS remap interface. The new EDC17 type ecus contain security protection to try and stop OBD tuning and it will take a long time before its cracked and OBD tuning is available for the Evoque and the D4 type cars that have this ecu fitted. Untill then its ecu on bench tuning as the only option.

I will be still taking my laptop with me on my oll's still working on the calibration file for tuning, ill pop online every now and then with some more carrot dangling do boubt Tongue Out

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2011 02:05pm by bell-auto-services.)
24-09-2011 01:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

Thanks Pete. Will this effect the off road programmes?

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
24-09-2011 01:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

The tuning can give extra power where needed in all terrain settings.

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
24-09-2011 02:05pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andyuk

This is all new to me but I have ordered a SD4 so with the extra 30-40 BHP will this mean it's quicker 0-60 too? If yes how much quicker are we talking?

Also does this count for auto & manual engines?

One last question how would this effect the warranty?

Thanks

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
24-09-2011 03:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Andy, unless it is approved by Land Rover it blows your warranty out of the water!
Having said that Pete's remaps are held in very high regard on all of Martin's other forums, whether it's a tweak to a Freelander2 or a FFRR everybody who had gone down the BAS remap route has been very pleased. It's not for me, I don't tow a huge trailer or caravan and so far I have found the Evoque to have quite enough poke and it's fuel consumption has been brilliant even if it isn't what LR claim, but what car ever managed to consistently match the Government figures that are achieved in a lab and on a computer. I didn't buy the car as an ecowarrior car I bought it to enjoy it, to have a smaller car that would fit in my garage and as a comfortable means of driving the length of the UK in a day which I couldn't do in my Defender

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2011 05:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-09-2011 05:04pm
ApeelinZ

(24-09-2011 04:14am)ApeelinZ Wrote:  Ok... So what was the Evoques hp and tq gains? The link takes you to the RRS.

Hi

As above, As you can imaging i have had a lot of work and testing to do and still some more to do before a final public remap is available.

Once done I'll have figures ready but I think from the 190 30-40bhp is possible with no problem. The link above was just for reference to show why I've been held back time wise on the Evoque.

Pete
[/quote]

Great job. That is a nice gain. I can't wait to see what tuning will do for the Si4. Maybe take it from 240 to 270 or more.
24-09-2011 06:59pm
Tekno
Banned

If remapping and chipping is so good, why don't manufacturers just supply them with the power etc. that remapping can achieve?
24-09-2011 08:31pm
RacingSnake

Because you're reducing the (excessive) safety/reliability built into the stock maps.
Special editions or sporty versions tend to have more power through different maps... Eg the mini one vs mini cooper is just a remap.

And to the above, I suspect you would struggle to see 30hp gains on a n/a petrol variant, they're notoriously tough to get significant increases out of compared to turbo diseasals.

Good to hear some positive initial findings on the sd4 map, another 100nm torque would be superb, it'll pull like a train Very Happy
24-09-2011 08:57pm
bell-auto-services

(24-09-2011 03:47pm)andyuk Wrote:  This is all new to me but I have ordered a SD4 so with the extra 30-40 BHP will this mean it's quicker 0-60 too? If yes how much quicker are we talking?

Also does this count for auto & manual engines?

Thanks

I hope it will shave a couple of seconds of the 0-60 time though the most important thing to me is low end and mid range power for over taking and drivability etc etc.

Auto and manual will be the same gain yes, i also hope to finalise the 150bhp to the same final figure as the 190 when tuned, a bit like a double remap Smile

I will need to tune the ecu on the bench so warranty could be affected, just as it woulds be with any modification that is not standard.

Pete

24-09-2011 11:14pm
cjfp

I like 30-40 bhp extra, but I also like warranty. Which is better?, There's only one way to find out ... Fight!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
24-09-2011 11:21pm