Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st Remapped Evoque ever completed today :)
gomark

RE: 1st Remapped Evoque ever completed today :)

How would economy be affected?

WRT warranty, how obvious is it that their has been tampering with the ECU? Would it be picked up during normal services?

And one more... Is it easily reversible (self administrated) if a situation presented itself where it was prudent to go back to factory settings Wink

24-09-2011 11:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Economy is to hard to answer untill some miles are covered standard and tuned, id hope it to be the same as normal if the extra power is used.

I cant see that it will be picked up on a general service, due to the location of the ecu under the scuttle panal which would not be a service location.

It cant be reversed without comingt to me unless we clone ecus and tuned cars have two ecus, one for service and one for tuned Smile

@All, my answers will be slow and intermitant from now and untill the 11th October as im going in a few hrs for the plane.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 12:41pm by bell-auto-services.)
25-09-2011 01:09am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

Do you run any side by side watranty such as that offered by Superchip and if not do you offer any warranty at all?

WRT other comment re why don't manufacturers offer this as standard, it is due to the using a one size fits all policy, by that I mean they sell their products all over the world with the same mapping and tolerances, however, not all countries have the same climate, take Iceland v Italy for example, therefore their engines are screwed back to compensate different operating conditions to ensure overall stability...accordingly they can always be unscrewed for more performance by clever people like Pete....and in doing so the mpg usually improves by circa 2-3mpg, but, and this should be a bigger but, the improvement is usually at start off or mid range.

I had this done to my Disco 3 which had a terribly slow engine which did not inspire overtaking on anything less than a 3 mile straight with no on coming traffic, once the remapping was done the mid range shove transformed the Disco beyond belief.

When I bought my RRS 3.6 TDv8 a remap increased the torque by almost 50% & it reacted instantaneously to any prod on the loud pedal, it was actually faster than my 4.2 Supercharged FFRR...but, gave twice as much mpg, however, the usual caveat remains...bear in mind your warranties will be voided if there is a fault and this is caused by you tampering with it's Engines factory settings...

Pete, can you travel to do your stuff or is it a visit to Yorkshire only?

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
25-09-2011 01:36am
bell-auto-services

The warranty i can supply at the moment is only for the corouption of the software which we apply, if it gets coroupt or overwriten by a dealer update we will reapply it for you. Though we are looking into a 3rd party warranty system that will run allong side your factory warranty but im not sure of the cost implications yet so cant comment really.

Regarding mobile options, im not sure just yet about the traveling to do the tuning as viable and pratical option, ill know more when ive finalised what i need to to. Time away used to be mobile sure is always a big problem because i also support and write tuning for nearly 20 other UK tuning dealers and some more european dealers so when im out of the office for long periods of time i cant give them the support needed which causes problems sometimes as they cant do tuning on their own customers cars if im not available Sad

However i will look into a the best soloutuion application for all, and ill post more about that when things are finalised.
Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
25-09-2011 09:24am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jos

i'm very intersted
what the posibilities are for the eD4 ??
150hp >>>>>>>>?
send me ideas ? info@jos.je
http://www.jos.je

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
25-09-2011 11:42am
ant

Once you're all sorted out, Pete, I for one will be up to see you.
I'd like to see your black roof on the Firenze body, as I'm thinking I might have mine wrapped.
Hope you enjoy your holiday.Very Happy
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 11:47am by ant.)
25-09-2011 11:46am
evoqueboy

Ant you can see mine once I take delivery tomorrow! Personally I would say go for the wrap!! Smile
25-09-2011 01:00pm
Spiderman

(25-09-2011 01:00pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  Ant you can see mine once I take delivery tomorrow! Personally I would say go for the wrap!! Smile

Hope all goes well tomorrow, remember to upload photos of your cars colour combo as few will have seen it in the flesh....Very Happy

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
25-09-2011 01:20pm
gomark

1st Remapped Evoque ever completed today :)

I know I'm jumping the gun, but perhaps we could organise a 'roadshow' where a group of regionalists interested in the remap can come together to have a 'group session'. I am sure there may be others that might be interested in this (i live in Kent) and a general meet all at the same time. I can see country run and pub lunch involved....

How long does a map take? Generally any idea of the cost of a remap? I would be interested in having a back up chip for warranty purposes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25-09-2011 02:28pm
griff

In terms of warrenty I did talk to warrenty direct a while back when I was considering buying a Jag XFS and remapping the engine because of the problem of breaching the manfacturers warrenty.

They confirmed that they could cover this area even though there was an exisiting warrenty in place with the manufacturer.

Maybe Pete could do a deal with them?
Certainly worth investigating as I would hate to loose all my warranty on a new car.

Looking forward to hearing more on remap.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
26-09-2011 10:49am