Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st RHD SQ5 review - Whatcar
griff

RE: 1st RHD SQ5 review - Whatcar

its on my list for next year as I am more interested in 4x4 for snow and tracks than out and out mud plugging.
I just hope that LR upgrade the evoque as I would buy another if the current niggles are sorted, power being one of them.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
17-05-2013 09:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

(16-05-2013 11:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Very nice, I have at long last been able to persuade the local Audi dealer to let me have a test drive in one. I don't hold out much hope as the last time I went to them for a test drive of their A6Allroad it had turned into an A6 Saloon with a 2.0ltr engine............because despite having an appointment made a week earlier to drive their AllRoad they had given the salesman who was looking after it the day off the day I was to drive it.

Thanks Tim, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. It doesn't have all the off-road settings of an Evoque aside from a hill descent function (or the ground clearance either for that matter) though Audi claim that the drive train is 'terrain-sensing' sounds like marketing blurb to me - some stuff on it here:

Audi SQ5 Quattro pages

And the self-locking Centre diff is the new Torsen T3 - which is technically neat and apparently maintenance free.

Torsen T3

It seems Audi have a wide range of tyre suppliers - some people are getting mud & snow tyres and others like myself pure road - Michelin Latitude Sport, they'll be cheap to replace, not!

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
17-05-2013 10:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Audi are so modest in claiming the Audi Quattro was the first 4WD car............. Conveniently forgetting one of my dream cars of the late sixties - the Jensen Interceptor FF........... Which also had ABS and Dunlop run flat tyres long before anybody else, let alone BMW or Audi, thought to use them!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-05-2013 12:48am