Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Update: Un-f**king-believable!
mbs9

Update: Un-f**king-believable!

A bit of background: Some weeks ago I sent an e-mail (text below) to my Land Rover dealership after I had to take my Evoque in for service for the 2nd time in 3-weeks for a reoccurring problem. After receiving my e-mail, the GM at the dealership called to say that a tech expert from "the Mothership, Land Rover UK" would be flying in to the states to personally lead their tech team in diagnosing what's wrong with my RRE and create a permanent fix. I was impressed. Was being the operative word.

This coming Friday will be a total of 1-month, broken up into 3 separate instances when I had to take my Evoque back to the dealer because of the Engine Warning light coming on, that my Land Rover dealer has had possession of my RRE in order to find a fix. I got word from them this past Friday that so far all attempts by them to find a fix to what's causing the Engine Warning light to stay on have failed; they're going to continue trying to find out what's wrong.

Un-f**king-believable.

I've never, NEVER, had the experience of a car company not being able to fix their own car. If by this coming Friday (the 1-month mark) I still don't have my Evoque back in my possession, permanently and 100% in working order, I'm going to demand my full purchase price money back or a brand new car. And I'll go nuclear-legal-lawsuit on them if they don't comply.

My e-mail to my LR dealer:

Gentlemen,

I'm emailing you so that you're aware of a reoccurring problem I'm having with my brand new Evoque purchased from your dealership in December. This coming Monday, July 16, will be the 2nd time in 3-weeks I have to bring it in for service for the same problem - Engine Warning. The first time this happened was 3-weeks ago after the instrument cluster lit up with a "Restricted Performance!" warning light while I was driving 65-miles per hour on the freeway, the engine sputtering and losing power forcing me to maneuver through speeding traffic (while losing power, mind you) and pull off the road. To say this was really dangerous! is an understatement.

I brought my RRE into your dealership (June 21), got a loaner, and patiently waited 2-weeks while your techs consulted with Land Rover UK to try and figure out the problem and implement a fix. After 2 false fixes, 2-times your techs thought they had the problem solved but didn't; one of those times I came in to pick up my Evoque and had to turn right around and leave without it, I retrieved my Evoque on July 2 problem solved. Or so I thought.

Yesterday, July 9, 8-days later, the Engine Warning Light snapped on again. I called your service department this morning (again), have arranged to bring my new Evoque in this coming Monday, July 16, for service (again), and will be driving away for who-knows-how-long this time in a loaner (again).

I've been working with James in your service department and he's been great. I've been keeping Mellyssa, who helped me purchase my Evoque, informed on what's been going on, and she's been great. I love the Evoque. It's the most enjoyable car I've ever driven. I know your tech guys are doing everything they can to permanently fix this reoccurring problem. But quite frankly... This. Is. Unacceptable.

Thanks for your time and attention.
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2012 04:35pm by mbs9.)
22-07-2012 06:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Un-f**king-believable!

Ahhh

The good old US of A, land of poor grammar and lawsuits for everything.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
22-07-2012 06:26pm
ceebee

I am not sure how it works in the US, but here in the UK I believe you can "reject" the car if the dealer has failed to rectifiy a fault (s) after 3 attempts.

There will be others on this forum that will be able to advise you better, but good luck with it!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
22-07-2012 06:27pm
invoke

Remember the famous quote; "land rover only sell cars, not service"

Brits cars are just piece of crap. Hope you bought extended warranty as well !

Good luck !

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
22-07-2012 07:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

USA is not a small nation, I know that different states have different "lemon" laws so it would help if you narrowed down the field from your location being USA to a state so that American members on here might be able to help you.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-07-2012 07:42pm
Muddywheels

Try 10 months and still not fixedEvil

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post313338.html#313338

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post351347.html#351347

Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!
22-07-2012 07:58pm
mbs9

(22-07-2012 06:26pm)ED209 Wrote:  Ahhh

The good old US of A, land of poor grammar and lawsuits for everything.

ED209, thanks so much for your help, understanding, and compassion for my situation. One only hopes that faced with something similar, you're treated in kind.
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 08:51pm by mbs9.)
22-07-2012 08:14pm
slee18

MBS if your in Cali you are within your rights of the lemon law since its three attempts already. You will need to lookup who arbitration is and contact them to move this up in priority. Good luck my friend ive been there with another vehicle. You might need a lemon law attorney if arbitration fails

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
22-07-2012 08:20pm
ceebee

(22-07-2012 07:40pm)invoke Wrote:  Brits cars are just piece of crap. Hope you bought extended warranty as well !

Hmmmm, that's quite a sweeping statement?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
22-07-2012 09:20pm
The Valeter

(22-07-2012 07:40pm)invoke Wrote:  Remember the famous quote; "land rover only sell cars, not service"

Brits cars are just piece of crap. Hope you bought extended warranty as well !

Good luck !

You obviously havn't seen or driven the latest American cars that are sold over here then lol. Take Chevrolet for example Rolling with Laughter

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
22-07-2012 11:18pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply