Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Update: Un-f**king-believable!
mark_n

RE: Un-f**king-believable!

It's worth pointing out the engine is made by that well known British car manufacturer, the Ford Motor Company. It's clear there is a problem which has not been fixed from the outset and that will be down to the dismal quality of the service technicians. We don't know of course whether the expert from JLR did show up.

Can there really be someone called Mellyssa?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-07-2012 11:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefLeppard

Re your problem -
I seem to remember reading in the Australian section, someone having this exact mechanical issue. It was resolved - so might be worth browsing for the fix.
I think it was on a drive to Canberra from Sydney.
Was about 4 months ago.
Any other Aussie's out there remember/can find the exact post?

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
23-07-2012 12:24am
cousin.it

(22-07-2012 11:18pm)The Valeter Wrote:  You obviously havn't seen or driven the latest American cars that are sold over here then lol. Take Chevrolet for example

Wow, this is a lively forum! There is some irony in how cars' lineages are perceived. For example, Chevrolet is an American product even if they're manufactured elsewhere and not by Americans right? So Land Rover was a Ford of America product until just a few years ago and now they're a Tata of India product right? Who do we blame here?

I've been wondering if Ford hadn't sold Land Rover to Tata in 2008 would we even have the Evoque to talk about?

Now back to that engine problem.... a fun Indian car built in the UK using a Ford engine made in Spain needs fixing!
23-07-2012 05:05am
mark_n

I doubt very much Ford would have been brave enough to introduce the Evoque. With the exception of a few niche variants, their cars are dull from start to finish. I loved the way they got all legal when Ferrari introduced a car called the F150 which happened to be the same as some US manufactured horror, claiming Ferrari was cashing in on Ford's brand reputation... That's the sort of nonsense they dream up in that hell-hole called Detroit, and yes, I have been there.

As for this engine, it sounds like one of the sensors is giving erroneous readings - the air mass flow sensor is a favourite - and the diagnostics should tell them. I agree the track record is poor and the dealer should replace or refund, if nothing more than to learn a lesson to employ people who know one end of a spanner (wrench) from the other.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
23-07-2012 07:57am
Barneyridge

(23-07-2012 12:24am)DefLeppard Wrote:  Re your problem -
I seem to remember reading in the Australian section, someone having this exact mechanical issue. It was resolved - so might be worth browsing for the fix.
I think it was on a drive to Canberra from Sydney.
Was about 4 months ago.
Any other Aussie's out there remember/can find the exact post?

I think is was MPK who had that issue. Maybe worth a PM to him.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
23-07-2012 12:19pm
MPK

Yep....i was the unlucky owner with the "Restricted Performance" issue.

The issue was a faulty ERG sensor. Once it was replaced the issue was all resolved. PM me if you need any more info.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
23-07-2012 12:33pm
cousin.it

Epidemic?

I've come across this story a number of times on one of the other Evoque forums where the engine drops into a restricted mode and I'm a bit worried about it. In a number of cases driving in the rain was cited. I've been wondering if this is more prevalent on the 2.0L ecoboost engine or if all engine options are susceptible. It looks like combinations of things have been done including software updates and I'm betting there are more than one event that can be sensed to cause the same restriction and light.

Easily there are 8 different drivers saying they've experienced this below:

http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque...-days.html

http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque...oblem.html

http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque...letin.html

http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque...miles.html

It would be useful if Evoque owners knew all of the specific corrective actions and could assist their dealer's service department by sharing the information.

On the other hand, if this is a larger issue for the Ford 2.0L engine then maybe these problems will be showing up on the 4-5 Ford products and the Volvo products that use this engine now? Edge, Escape, Focus, etc...
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 02:27pm by cousin.it.)
23-07-2012 02:24pm
mbs9

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and help. I'm in Massachusetts and, yes, I've begun exploring state lemon laws and my situation does indeed qualify me. I've given my LR dealer until the end of this week to properly and permanently resolve and fix the malfunction before I move forward with trying to either get my money back or a new car entirely.

Please do keep the help-suggestions and comments coming as I'm passing them onto my LR dealer in the hope they'll lead to a solution. And I'll continue keeping you posted from my end.

Again, BIG THANKS!
23-07-2012 07:57pm
pureevoque

(22-07-2012 07:40pm)invoke Wrote:  Remember the famous quote; "land rover only sell cars, not service"

Brits cars are just piece of crap. Hope you bought extended warranty as well !

Good luck !

(22-07-2012 11:18pm)The Valeter Wrote:  You obviously havn't seen or driven the latest American cars that are sold over here then lol. Take Chevrolet for example Rolling with Laughter

Hah another 'invokism'

I recently got back from L.A. the rental car was a Ford Edge - one word - junk. I was so glad to get back to Evoque.

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
23-07-2012 08:19pm
PhilSkill

Chevrolet brought Daewoo in UK, nuff said!

Hope they fix it for you, but dont mess around too long, if its a lemon start the process to get your money back, its a disappointment but if that doesnt put the pressure on for them to sort it, its better than having a car they cant fix or will suddenly let you down, if you love the car and want to persevere demand they offer you another Evoque as a replacement until they've sorted yours.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2012 11:30pm by PhilSkill.)
23-07-2012 11:14pm