babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Secrurity Enhancement Recall - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Secrurity Enhancement Recall (/Thread-Secrurity-Enhancement-Recall)

Secrurity Enhancement Recall - RREVO - 26-10-2015 06:17pm

Just got a call from the local LR dealer saying there's a Secrurity Enhancement Recall for the Evoque.
Anyone know more about this?

RE: Secrurity Enhancement Recall - XFullFatTim - 26-10-2015 07:31pm

I don't know what the recall is but make sure that when you take the car in that you take BOTH key fobs with you

RE: Secrurity Enhancement Recall - RREVO - 27-10-2015 01:05pm

(26-10-2015 07:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I don't know what the recall is but make sure that when you take the car in that you take BOTH key fobs with you

Got a bit more info from the dealer, a number of Evoques in London have gone missing, so LR have issued this recall. Glad I got a disclok some time back.

RE: Secrurity Enhancement Recall - fam1x - 27-10-2015 06:43pm

Did you guys read this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/11486949/Jaguar-Land-Rover-recalls-36500-Evoques-over-faulty-gearbox.html

RE: Secrurity Enhancement Recall - XFullFatTim - 27-10-2015 07:09pm

One thing I have learned from the RRSport forum is that if you have keyless entry you shouldn't use the fob to lock/unlock the car, use the dimple on the door handle when you have the fob in a pocket. Apparrently that way scum cannot pick up the rolling code that the fob generates from a distance, as you ahve to be within 1m of the car to use the dimple. Also on RRS you can lock / unlock using any of the door pulls.

RE: Secrurity Enhancement Recall - Donny Dog - 28-10-2015 10:23am

(27-10-2015 07:09pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Also on RRS you can lock / unlock using any of the door pulls.

You can with our Evoque.

RE: Secrurity Enhancement Recall - The Valeter - 28-10-2015 11:43am

Now there is the Pot calling the Kettle black.............. the Chinese criticising quality control/build issues.

RE: Secrurity Enhancement Recall - Denham5 - 20-11-2015 02:39pm

Mine is booked in for the security software update after ringing the local dealer. Must take both keys with me as you say. Thanks for the post as I haven't heard from Land Rover themselves