Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Secrurity Enhancement Recall
RREVO

Secrurity Enhancement Recall

Just got a call from the local LR dealer saying there's a Secrurity Enhancement Recall for the Evoque.
Anyone know more about this?

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
26-10-2015 06:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Secrurity Enhancement Recall

I don't know what the recall is but make sure that when you take the car in that you take BOTH key fobs with you

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-10-2015 07:31pm
RREVO

(26-10-2015 07:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I don't know what the recall is but make sure that when you take the car in that you take BOTH key fobs with you

Got a bit more info from the dealer, a number of Evoques in London have gone missing, so LR have issued this recall. Glad I got a disclok some time back.

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
27-10-2015 01:05pm
fam1x

Did you guys read this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsb...arbox.html

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
27-10-2015 06:43pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One thing I have learned from the RRSport forum is that if you have keyless entry you shouldn't use the fob to lock/unlock the car, use the dimple on the door handle when you have the fob in a pocket. Apparrently that way scum cannot pick up the rolling code that the fob generates from a distance, as you ahve to be within 1m of the car to use the dimple. Also on RRS you can lock / unlock using any of the door pulls.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-10-2015 07:09pm
Donny Dog

(27-10-2015 07:09pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Also on RRS you can lock / unlock using any of the door pulls.

You can with our Evoque.
28-10-2015 10:23am
The Valeter

Now there is the Pot calling the Kettle black.............. the Chinese criticising quality control/build issues.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
28-10-2015 11:43am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Denham5

Mine is booked in for the security software update after ringing the local dealer. Must take both keys with me as you say. Thanks for the post as I haven't heard from Land Rover themselves
20-11-2015 02:39pm