babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Apple LION OS X - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: Apple LION OS X (/Thread-Apple-LION-OS-X)

Apple LION OS X - XFullFatTim - 31-08-2011 10:17am

Has anybody downloaded this new Apple OS?
Are you having any problems with it?
I have it on my PC and it works fine, no problems but I downloaded onto my MacBook Air and now cannot use the touchpad to scroll pages up and down and the slider on the side of the page disappears all the time until I move the mouse pointer off the edge of the page. I think a visit to a Genius at the local Apple store is coming on

RE: Apple LION OS X - SW6RR - 31-08-2011 10:20am

Have not downloaded it yet - I use a Sonos system for home hifi and Sonos software is not yet compatible with Lion. I'm told it soon will be so I'll et you know if I have any issues once I've downloaded Lion...

RE: Apple LION OS X - LP - 31-08-2011 11:13am

Works on my mid 2009 Macbook air. The scrolling is backwards...but it works. I guess you have tried playing around with the settings in system preferences trackpad?

And the slider bar is meant to disappear. To give you more screen real estate.

RE: Apple LION OS X - XFullFatTim - 31-08-2011 11:39am

Have just found that if I press the scroll up/down keys the scroll bar returns and I can use the trackpad to scroll, if the slider bar on the page side has disappeared then one tap on the up or down keys then the scroll function re-appears and I can scroll using the touch pad.
What do you think of the autocorrecting text?

RE: Apple LION OS X - wardpg - 31-08-2011 11:40am

I loaded it to my macbook on the first day it was available and have no problems at all. I also have a mac mini but even though its a dual core i cant put lion on it as it needs to be dual core 2.

RE: Apple LION OS X - XFullFatTim - 31-08-2011 11:46am

Thanks LP, I have now got my scroll bar back by fiddling in the settings

RE: Apple LION OS X - LP - 31-08-2011 12:38pm

Have you tried a two finger scroll? That way you don't need the scroll bar. Hadn't noticed autocorrecting text.

RE: Apple LION OS X - XFullFatTim - 31-08-2011 01:00pm

Maybe I shouldn't have called it autocorrecting, it's like an iPhone's spelling correction - a small text box appears with a suggested spelling........... there are a few on here who could use it with their theres, there's, theirs and their's.................