Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apple LION OS X
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Apple LION OS X

Has anybody downloaded this new Apple OS?
Are you having any problems with it?
I have it on my PC and it works fine, no problems but I downloaded onto my MacBook Air and now cannot use the touchpad to scroll pages up and down and the slider on the side of the page disappears all the time until I move the mouse pointer off the edge of the page. I think a visit to a Genius at the local Apple store is coming on

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-08-2011 10:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

RE: Apple LION OS X

Have not downloaded it yet - I use a Sonos system for home hifi and Sonos software is not yet compatible with Lion. I'm told it soon will be so I'll et you know if I have any issues once I've downloaded Lion...

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
31-08-2011 10:20am
LP

Works on my mid 2009 Macbook air. The scrolling is backwards...but it works. I guess you have tried playing around with the settings in system preferences trackpad?

And the slider bar is meant to disappear. To give you more screen real estate.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2011 11:13am by LP.)
31-08-2011 11:13am
XFullFatTim

Have just found that if I press the scroll up/down keys the scroll bar returns and I can use the trackpad to scroll, if the slider bar on the page side has disappeared then one tap on the up or down keys then the scroll function re-appears and I can scroll using the touch pad.
What do you think of the autocorrecting text?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-08-2011 11:39am
wardpg

I loaded it to my macbook on the first day it was available and have no problems at all. I also have a mac mini but even though its a dual core i cant put lion on it as it needs to be dual core 2.
31-08-2011 11:40am
XFullFatTim

Thanks LP, I have now got my scroll bar back by fiddling in the settings

31-08-2011 11:46am
LP

Have you tried a two finger scroll? That way you don't need the scroll bar. Hadn't noticed autocorrecting text.
31-08-2011 12:38pm
XFullFatTim

Maybe I shouldn't have called it autocorrecting, it's like an iPhone's spelling correction - a small text box appears with a suggested spelling........... there are a few on here who could use it with their theres, there's, theirs and their's.................

31-08-2011 01:00pm