babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque vs XC 60 - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque vs XC 60 (/Thread-Evoque-vs-XC-60)

Pages: 1 2

Evoque vs XC 60 - volvos60s60 - 13-03-2014 08:57am

I know this is an Evoque forum, so maybe a little biased, but there may be some on here who have experience of the XC 60 as well. I'm leaning to the Evoque but it is a tough decision as we have looked closely at both an Evoque Pure SD4 5 door & a XC 60 D5, both manual. My assessment is that both are fine cars. IMHO, Evoque offers better looks & better resale, Volvo has better perceived quality & feels like carved from granite, better interior, more space, bigger discounts (which goes some way to offset the higher depreciation). Both drive well. Both would end up within a couple of thousand of each other. We have ruled out the Q5 as it is too bland & dull. Your opinions would be most welcome

RE: Evoque vs XC 60 - Evo-king - 13-03-2014 10:26am

Unless I am very mistaken, and there are plenty on here who will correct me, the drivetrain is shared with Volvo, well that's what it says on my TOPIx account.

RRE styling much better in my opinion

RE: Evoque vs XC 60 - PhilSkill - 13-03-2014 10:31am

Obviously we will be biased toward Evoque here Smile but many of us have looked at these 2 options and you will find a few similar threads on this, ultimately the Evoque usually wins. But then that maybe because the owners come back onto this site rather than go to a Volvo forum. (If I chose an XC60, i'd be on the Volvo forum telling you how much better it is than an Evoque Laughing )

I went on a Volvo Drive Day a year ago where we drove a number of their range including the XC60 and it was still outdated compared to the Evoque, interior and driving feel was not even close, they may have revamped the XC60 interior so always worth checking latest models though... new discounts usually result in lower resale anyway but the price you pay can't be ignored.

Where the XC60 will win will be space if that's what you need. Evoque uses many Volvo parts and not sure the Volvo will actually be that different in quality as both have been under Ford's rule, I also drive another Volvo that is no better quality in my opinion, although to be fair it was a much cheaper car.

Just looking on the Volvo website they seem to have revamped it, Interior better, exterior front a bit more bland! The choice is yours, they are both great cars at that price bracket.

RE: Evoque vs XC 60 - moofish - 14-03-2014 01:03am

We test drove several, the XC60 being one of them. For the vehicle size, the V6 seemed under powered, the handling was ok, but we both definitely felt the interior was sub-par. We did like the exterior and space. We also tried an Audi Q5, Q7, Infiniti JX35, and Lexus RX350. It came down to the Lexus and Evoque - the Evoque won, based on it's unique outer appearance and a better AWD system. However, if Lexus ever decides to revamp the RX350, we might give that a 2nd look.

RE: Evoque vs XC 60 - James @ Grange Barnet LR - 14-03-2014 07:32am

Its a Volvo!

James Smile

RE: Evoque vs XC 60 - volvos60s60 - 14-03-2014 11:53am

Hi James, I'd forgotten about HGLR. I used to live in Southgate, & I'm not that far away now. Maybe I should get you guys to quote me.

RE: Evoque vs XC 60 - jim4244 - 16-03-2014 05:58pm

I do believe that Volvo are bringing out a new/replacement XC60 late this year?

Jim

RE: Evoque vs XC 60 - volvos60s60 - 17-03-2014 03:31pm

Jim, thanks for the info. Having driven the 9 speed auto Evoque, we've decided to go for that

RE: Evoque vs XC 60 - Copiche - 01-04-2014 07:52am

Evoque if you're concerned about looks. XC60 if you want proven track record.

RE: Evoque vs XC 60 - XFullFatTim - 01-04-2014 08:50am

A proven track record of what? Boringness?