Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque vs XC 60
volvos60s60

Evoque vs XC 60

I know this is an Evoque forum, so maybe a little biased, but there may be some on here who have experience of the XC 60 as well. I'm leaning to the Evoque but it is a tough decision as we have looked closely at both an Evoque Pure SD4 5 door & a XC 60 D5, both manual. My assessment is that both are fine cars. IMHO, Evoque offers better looks & better resale, Volvo has better perceived quality & feels like carved from granite, better interior, more space, bigger discounts (which goes some way to offset the higher depreciation). Both drive well. Both would end up within a couple of thousand of each other. We have ruled out the Q5 as it is too bland & dull. Your opinions would be most welcome
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2014 08:58am by volvos60s60.)
13-03-2014 08:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Evoque vs XC 60

Unless I am very mistaken, and there are plenty on here who will correct me, the drivetrain is shared with Volvo, well that's what it says on my TOPIx account.

RRE styling much better in my opinion

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-03-2014 10:26am
PhilSkill

Obviously we will be biased toward Evoque here Smile but many of us have looked at these 2 options and you will find a few similar threads on this, ultimately the Evoque usually wins. But then that maybe because the owners come back onto this site rather than go to a Volvo forum. (If I chose an XC60, i'd be on the Volvo forum telling you how much better it is than an Evoque Laughing )

I went on a Volvo Drive Day a year ago where we drove a number of their range including the XC60 and it was still outdated compared to the Evoque, interior and driving feel was not even close, they may have revamped the XC60 interior so always worth checking latest models though... new discounts usually result in lower resale anyway but the price you pay can't be ignored.

Where the XC60 will win will be space if that's what you need. Evoque uses many Volvo parts and not sure the Volvo will actually be that different in quality as both have been under Ford's rule, I also drive another Volvo that is no better quality in my opinion, although to be fair it was a much cheaper car.

Just looking on the Volvo website they seem to have revamped it, Interior better, exterior front a bit more bland! The choice is yours, they are both great cars at that price bracket.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2014 10:31am by PhilSkill.)
13-03-2014 10:31am
moofish

We test drove several, the XC60 being one of them. For the vehicle size, the V6 seemed under powered, the handling was ok, but we both definitely felt the interior was sub-par. We did like the exterior and space. We also tried an Audi Q5, Q7, Infiniti JX35, and Lexus RX350. It came down to the Lexus and Evoque - the Evoque won, based on it's unique outer appearance and a better AWD system. However, if Lexus ever decides to revamp the RX350, we might give that a 2nd look.
14-03-2014 01:03am
James @ Grange Barnet LR
Site Sponsor

Its a Volvo!

James Smile

Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up
14-03-2014 07:32am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
volvos60s60

Hi James, I'd forgotten about HGLR. I used to live in Southgate, & I'm not that far away now. Maybe I should get you guys to quote me.
14-03-2014 11:53am
jim4244

I do believe that Volvo are bringing out a new/replacement XC60 late this year?

Jim

MY14 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, 9 speed, pano roof & privacy glass.
16-03-2014 05:58pm
volvos60s60

Jim, thanks for the info. Having driven the 9 speed auto Evoque, we've decided to go for that
17-03-2014 03:31pm
Copiche

Evoque if you're concerned about looks. XC60 if you want proven track record.

affiliate marketing programs
01-04-2014 07:52am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

A proven track record of what? Boringness?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-04-2014 08:50am