babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options (/Thread-2014MY-orders-with-In-Control-Remote-and-In-Control-Secure-options)

Pages: 1 2

2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - XFullFatTim - 20-01-2014 05:48pm

I have just been told that my car that was supposed to be being built on the 5th of November, then the 5th February is now 99% certain to be built on 12th March................ I'm starting to get peeved with this - why on earth did LR announce In Control as options back in September 2013 if it wasn't going to be available until March 2014 build dates. I notice on the e-brochure it now states that these options will not be available until March 2014.

I'm finding this way more frustrating than the two years I waited for my last Evoque - when I paid the deposit
on it after the Detroit Motorshow exhibiting of the LRX I knew it might never make it into production. Waiting 6 months for a car that has been in production for 2.5 years to get the options I want is driving me up the wall! Even started getting worried because I find the Audi SQ5 is starting to look attractive ...................

RE: 2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - Red FR - 20-01-2014 06:22pm

Sorry to hear about your frustrations Tim, but don't get too attached to a SQ5 as the Q5 is due for changing in the next 12 months or so as far as I'm aware.

RE: 2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - IKM - 20-01-2014 06:40pm

Tim, you can't get a heated steering wheel with the SQ5, so I guess you may wish to reconsider!

2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - MarkA_ - 20-01-2014 06:55pm

Looks like my 5th march Hgg build date may be pushed back then. I await a call or email :/

RE: 2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - t3 - 20-01-2014 10:37pm

I had a call from my dealer last week telling me my mid March build date would be pushed to April / May due to InControl. Got another call from them today informing me they had a Land Rover email saying InControl was now scheduled to be in cars rolling off the production line mid to end of March.

Hope that is true and it doesn't change again...

2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - Stadt Panzer - 21-01-2014 12:00am

Tim, hang in there, the car (updates), the colour will all make up for the wait, plus the mpg, I promise you.

RE: 2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - m_101 - 21-01-2014 12:35am

Yup agreed - I have to say it seems astonishing that the new 9-speeder seems to have almost multiplied the mpg by 1.5!

RE: 2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - mark_n - 21-01-2014 05:51am

If the SQ5 is beginning to look attractive, so too should the Porsche Macan which is based on the next generation Q5 but it won't suit everyone. It does start with class-leading petrol and diesel V6s and when they start to put 4 cylinders in them, it will be right in Evoque territory in terms of price if not equipment levels.

As far as I can work out, the Evoque will be the first LR to use engines from the new engine plant and, assuming they deliver, they can't come soon enough.

My RRS is also delayed because on InControl and I don't even know what the costs are or have any idea of build date. I think the purchase cost is £995 but I do not know what the annual/monthly costs are.

RE: 2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - XFullFatTim - 21-01-2014 11:47am

Mark IIRC the first 3 years subscription to Incontrol is included in the price. Dread to think what it might cost thereafter! A friend of mine has a UK spec LHD TDv8RRS in Belgium and he has the previous version of LR security on that - it was great except that he kept forgetting to pass the keyfob over a sensor when he drove off and within 10 minutes would get a phone call from the control centre to tell him his car was driving away and was he aware! Unfortunately that crowd went bust/ down the tubes

RE: 2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options - mark_n - 21-01-2014 12:35pm

(21-01-2014 11:47am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Mark IIRC the first 3 years subscription to Incontrol is included in the price. Dread to think what it might cost thereafter! A friend of mine has a UK spec LHD TDv8RRS in Belgium and he has the previous version of LR security on that - it was great except that he kept forgetting to pass the keyfob over a sensor when he drove off and within 10 minutes would get a phone call from the control centre to tell him his car was driving away and was he aware! Unfortunately that crowd went bust/ down the tubes

I now find out it costs £995 for one year, £1395 for three years so it looks like the annual subscription is £200 which matches what I pay Cobra for my Porsche tracking device. If it's a Thatcham Cat 5 device, there will be a separate fob which you are meant to carry separately from the key but hopefully it will not require swiping but just sense it in the car as happens with my 911.

I'm a bit vague about what InControl does in detail but it will require some sort of internet connection for functionality beyond the security tracking, so I expect you have to insert a SIM to provide 3G data; as I understand it, the car will then be in contact with a server a bit like Apple devices are with Find-my-iPhone plus the car will provide a local Wi-Fi network to connect. That might be useful if the antenna provides a stronger 3G signal that the iPhone or iPad.

So, depending on what you want to do with it, it looks like you also need a separate data contract; I use Giff-Gaff who provide 500Mb download for £5/month which would seem reasonable.