Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have just been told that my car that was supposed to be being built on the 5th of November, then the 5th February is now 99% certain to be built on 12th March................ I'm starting to get peeved with this - why on earth did LR announce In Control as options back in September 2013 if it wasn't going to be available until March 2014 build dates. I notice on the e-brochure it now states that these options will not be available until March 2014.

I'm finding this way more frustrating than the two years I waited for my last Evoque - when I paid the deposit
on it after the Detroit Motorshow exhibiting of the LRX I knew it might never make it into production. Waiting 6 months for a car that has been in production for 2.5 years to get the options I want is driving me up the wall! Even started getting worried because I find the Audi SQ5 is starting to look attractive ...................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-01-2014 05:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Red FR

RE: 2014MY orders with In Control Remote and In Control Secure options

Sorry to hear about your frustrations Tim, but don't get too attached to a SQ5 as the Q5 is due for changing in the next 12 months or so as far as I'm aware.

Gone but not forgotten Fuji White Coupe Pure Tech SD4 manual, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, fog lamps and spare wheel.
20-01-2014 06:22pm
IKM

Tim, you can't get a heated steering wheel with the SQ5, so I guess you may wish to reconsider!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
20-01-2014 06:40pm
MarkA_

Looks like my 5th march Hgg build date may be pushed back then. I await a call or email :/

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
20-01-2014 06:55pm
t3

I had a call from my dealer last week telling me my mid March build date would be pushed to April / May due to InControl. Got another call from them today informing me they had a Land Rover email saying InControl was now scheduled to be in cars rolling off the production line mid to end of March.

Hope that is true and it doesn't change again...
20-01-2014 10:37pm
Stadt Panzer

Tim, hang in there, the car (updates), the colour will all make up for the wait, plus the mpg, I promise you.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
21-01-2014 12:00am
m_101

Yup agreed - I have to say it seems astonishing that the new 9-speeder seems to have almost multiplied the mpg by 1.5!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
21-01-2014 12:35am
mark_n

If the SQ5 is beginning to look attractive, so too should the Porsche Macan which is based on the next generation Q5 but it won't suit everyone. It does start with class-leading petrol and diesel V6s and when they start to put 4 cylinders in them, it will be right in Evoque territory in terms of price if not equipment levels.

As far as I can work out, the Evoque will be the first LR to use engines from the new engine plant and, assuming they deliver, they can't come soon enough.

My RRS is also delayed because on InControl and I don't even know what the costs are or have any idea of build date. I think the purchase cost is £995 but I do not know what the annual/monthly costs are.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2014 05:52am by mark_n.)
21-01-2014 05:51am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mark IIRC the first 3 years subscription to Incontrol is included in the price. Dread to think what it might cost thereafter! A friend of mine has a UK spec LHD TDv8RRS in Belgium and he has the previous version of LR security on that - it was great except that he kept forgetting to pass the keyfob over a sensor when he drove off and within 10 minutes would get a phone call from the control centre to tell him his car was driving away and was he aware! Unfortunately that crowd went bust/ down the tubes

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2014 12:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-01-2014 11:47am
mark_n

(21-01-2014 11:47am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Mark IIRC the first 3 years subscription to Incontrol is included in the price. Dread to think what it might cost thereafter! A friend of mine has a UK spec LHD TDv8RRS in Belgium and he has the previous version of LR security on that - it was great except that he kept forgetting to pass the keyfob over a sensor when he drove off and within 10 minutes would get a phone call from the control centre to tell him his car was driving away and was he aware! Unfortunately that crowd went bust/ down the tubes

I now find out it costs £995 for one year, £1395 for three years so it looks like the annual subscription is £200 which matches what I pay Cobra for my Porsche tracking device. If it's a Thatcham Cat 5 device, there will be a separate fob which you are meant to carry separately from the key but hopefully it will not require swiping but just sense it in the car as happens with my 911.

I'm a bit vague about what InControl does in detail but it will require some sort of internet connection for functionality beyond the security tracking, so I expect you have to insert a SIM to provide 3G data; as I understand it, the car will then be in contact with a server a bit like Apple devices are with Find-my-iPhone plus the car will provide a local Wi-Fi network to connect. That might be useful if the antenna provides a stronger 3G signal that the iPhone or iPad.

So, depending on what you want to do with it, it looks like you also need a separate data contract; I use Giff-Gaff who provide 500Mb download for £5/month which would seem reasonable.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-01-2014 12:35pm