babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Parcel Shelf pegs - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Parcel Shelf pegs (/Thread-Parcel-Shelf-pegs)

Parcel Shelf pegs - XFullFatTim - 03-09-2013 04:14pm

If you ever break one (they are quite fragile) make sure your dealer orders the correct style for your car otherwise you will never get the strings that support shelf as you open the boot lid over the heads of the new design. The original was more nipple shaped and the eye of the string slipped over it easily, the new design is
more like a large flat head screw and the eye on the string will not fit over it unless you have a whole new parcel shelf and strings to match. I've just collected my replacement Mk1 design nipple shaped ones after waiting 3 months for them. At first LR Parts were unaware that the design had changed! My dealer up here had to send photos of what was on the old broken boot lid and what LR had supplied with the replacement boot lid.

RE: Parcel Shelf pegs - WorldTraveler - 02-01-2014 03:20pm

(03-09-2013 04:14pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you ever break one (they are quite fragile) make sure your dealer orders the correct style for your car otherwise you will never get the strings that support shelf as you open the boot lid over the heads of the new design. The original was more nipple shaped and the eye of the string slipped over it easily, the new design is
more like a large flat head screw and the eye on the string will not fit over it unless you have a whole new parcel shelf and strings to match. I've just collected my replacement Mk1 design nipple shaped ones after waiting 3 months for them. At first LR Parts were unaware that the design had changed! My dealer up here had to send photos of what was on the old broken boot lid and what LR had supplied with the replacement boot lid.

Tim, what was the cost of these (one of mine "pinged" off when I opened the boot yesterday) ?

RE: Parcel Shelf pegs - XFullFatTim - 02-01-2014 05:10pm

No idea WT, mine were done as part of the tailgate replacement and at the moment I'm 6000 miles away from the invoice!

Parcel Shelf pegs - Stadt Panzer - 02-01-2014 07:27pm

Replaced one of mine within 2 weeks of ownership, after the wife packed the boot. Opened the boot and ping gone!

20p (I think) for a new one!!

RE: Parcel Shelf pegs - cjfp - 02-01-2014 08:39pm

(02-01-2014 07:27pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Replaced one of mine within 2 weeks of ownership, after the wife packed the boot. Opened the boot and ping gone!

20p (I think) for a new one!!

Thats cheap for a new wife ! Wink

Parcel Shelf pegs - Stadt Panzer - 03-01-2014 08:18am

(02-01-2014 08:39pm)cjfp Wrote:  Thats cheap for a new wife ! Wink

Oh I wish Wink