Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parcel Shelf pegs
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Parcel Shelf pegs

If you ever break one (they are quite fragile) make sure your dealer orders the correct style for your car otherwise you will never get the strings that support shelf as you open the boot lid over the heads of the new design. The original was more nipple shaped and the eye of the string slipped over it easily, the new design is
more like a large flat head screw and the eye on the string will not fit over it unless you have a whole new parcel shelf and strings to match. I've just collected my replacement Mk1 design nipple shaped ones after waiting 3 months for them. At first LR Parts were unaware that the design had changed! My dealer up here had to send photos of what was on the old broken boot lid and what LR had supplied with the replacement boot lid.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-09-2013 04:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

RE: Parcel Shelf pegs

(03-09-2013 04:14pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you ever break one (they are quite fragile) make sure your dealer orders the correct style for your car otherwise you will never get the strings that support shelf as you open the boot lid over the heads of the new design. The original was more nipple shaped and the eye of the string slipped over it easily, the new design is
more like a large flat head screw and the eye on the string will not fit over it unless you have a whole new parcel shelf and strings to match. I've just collected my replacement Mk1 design nipple shaped ones after waiting 3 months for them. At first LR Parts were unaware that the design had changed! My dealer up here had to send photos of what was on the old broken boot lid and what LR had supplied with the replacement boot lid.

Tim, what was the cost of these (one of mine "pinged" off when I opened the boot yesterday) ?

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
02-01-2014 03:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No idea WT, mine were done as part of the tailgate replacement and at the moment I'm 6000 miles away from the invoice!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-01-2014 05:10pm
Stadt Panzer

Parcel Shelf pegs

Replaced one of mine within 2 weeks of ownership, after the wife packed the boot. Opened the boot and ping gone!

20p (I think) for a new one!!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
02-01-2014 07:27pm
cjfp

(02-01-2014 07:27pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Replaced one of mine within 2 weeks of ownership, after the wife packed the boot. Opened the boot and ping gone!

20p (I think) for a new one!!

Thats cheap for a new wife ! Wink

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-01-2014 08:39pm
Stadt Panzer

Parcel Shelf pegs

(02-01-2014 08:39pm)cjfp Wrote:  Thats cheap for a new wife ! Wink

Oh I wish Wink

Somewhere in the North Sea.
03-01-2014 08:18am