babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
UnLandRovering - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: UnLandRovering (/Thread-UnLandRovering)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: UnLandRovering - heronb - 27-06-2013 05:00pm

Not for long!

RE: UnLandRovering - WB - 27-06-2013 05:02pm

(27-06-2013 04:58pm)duckworthparts Wrote:  yes sorry, LR is the company not brand as i said.

but LR produce all the models so there will always be a Land Rover badge on everything

I was told they had tried to "split" the brands hence the Evoque originally being light on Land Rover badging and then did a u-turn.

RE: UnLandRovering - jitenc - 27-06-2013 10:27pm

I think people know Range Rover is a brand of the Land Rover company. But IMHO, the LR badge looks like a mole on the corner of the lip on the front grille...
The LR badge would just have been better at the back...
The merc and Audis just have their signs at the back of the car. The marketing is so strong that the symbol speaks for itself. I am sure LR is now in that category.

RE: UnLandRovering - Biker - 10-01-2014 09:24am

No disrespect, but Mr Tata is indian and indian very much like branding.

RE: UnLandRovering - J77 - 10-01-2014 06:00pm

Love it or loath it the Land Rover badge is here to stay, and quite rightly so. It's been on the Range Rover grill since 1989, granted it took 19 years to make there.

I ware my badge with pride Thumbs Up

Under the new strategey it will be

Land Rover Range Rover
Land Rover Discovery
Land Rover Defender

With each one having its own models.

RE: UnLandRovering - XFullFatTim - 10-01-2014 08:00pm

(27-06-2013 10:27pm)jitenc Wrote:  The merc and Audis just have their signs at the back of the car. The marketing is so strong that the symbol speaks for itself. I am sure LR is now in that category.

Ummm so what are the rings on the front grille of an Audi and the Star on the bonnet of a Mercedes then? Ornaments?

RE: UnLandRovering - ChuckieB - 10-01-2014 11:39pm

(10-01-2014 08:00pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ummm so what are the rings on the front grille of an Audi and the Star on the bonnet of a Mercedes then? Ornaments?

Symbols with no names I think he means. Am guessing the green oval always has Land Rover written in?

RE: UnLandRovering - BA74 - 11-01-2014 06:58am

I personally feel that having Land Rover badges all over the Evoque is like having Toyota badges all over a Lexus. Everyone knows Lexus is a Toyota but Toyota don't promote it with badges.
People will still know the Range Rovers heritage without LR badges...

RE: UnLandRovering - Silver Fox - 11-01-2014 07:21am

(11-01-2014 06:58am)BA74 Wrote:  I personally feel that having Land Rover badges all over the Evoque is like having Toyota badges all over a Lexus. Everyone knows Lexus is a Toyota but Toyota don't promote it with badges.
People will still know the Range Rovers heritage without LR badges...

Hi,I am not phased about the presence of the LR badges on the front and rear of the Evoque.
However,the important item is the Range Rover badging that stands out at the front and rear of the Evoque.
Obviously,the silver coloured letters stand out more on contrasting colours such as Santorini Black etc.,
Those owners who have changed their silver badges to black on the Fugi White look stunning.
However,the black Evoque badge on the rear gets lost in the body colour when deployed on the Santorini Black although the badge is edged in silver.
Would not mind changing this for a silver badge although I have not seen any in the aftermarket supply chains.
Do appreciate that this would depict the model as a Prestige and not a Pure but basically only informed Evoque owners know the difference.Regards

RE: UnLandRovering - XFullFatTim - 11-01-2014 09:04am

Let's face it we are all badge snobs! Wink Happy to drive in a Range Rover that's made by Land Rover but we would rather not be seen in a Land Rover made by Land Rover! This is becoming a silly thread - Range Rover is a brand of Land Rover, let's face the truth. It could have Tata's badges on it.....................