babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenons vibration - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Xenons vibration (/Thread-Xenons-vibration)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Xenons vibration - Bruno787 - 02-12-2012 01:12pm

my benz xenons vibrate, but my bmw xenons doesnt seem to. it might depend on who makes the headlamps

RE: Xenons vibration - Bowl - 02-12-2012 01:58pm

(10-10-2012 09:30pm)3V0QU3 Wrote:  Mine are not adaptive and also vibrate when going over bumps. If this is due to flimsy fittings it could be by design to reduce vibration of the bulb. Just a thought.

Non-adaptive xenons do have auto-leveling feature. What they lack from the adaptive ones are that they don't turn and they don't have cornering beams.

RE: Xenons vibration - Kentboy - 02-12-2012 09:26pm

My xeons also feel like they are in 'flimsy' mountings as they bounce over bumps. I also have. BMW which doesn't do the same.

RE: Xenons vibration - J. Dub - 07-11-2016 08:19pm

Add me to the list of vibrating adaptive xenon lights. Drives me crazy

RE: Xenons vibration - Steve D - 07-11-2016 11:19pm

And mine. I keep thinking the bulb is about to blow!

RE: Xenons vibration - XFullFatTim - 08-11-2016 09:24pm

It is a feature of Bi Xeons although my current generation RRS2 doesn't do it anywhere near as much as any of my previous RRS's, FFRR's and Evoques fitted with adaptive or ordinary BiXenons. I now have a set of after market LED headlights on my 20 year old Defender and they also vibrate a bit but I put that down to the Defender's suspension rather than any feature of the headlights which BTW are absolutely wonderful - sufficiently bright when on with dipped beam as DRL's in the daytime that I can see the light reflecting back from road signs from quite a distance back and sometimes get flashed by on coming drivers............. dazzling in the daylight? I've had them checked out and alignment is spot on so it must be their intensity. Transforms night time driving too and no more blown lamps!

RE: Xenons vibration - J. Dub - 14-11-2016 06:39pm

So I noticed my headlight screws were loose. I tightened them up and the vibration is almost gone from the light.