babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill (/Thread-Changing-the-puddle-light-graphic-Changing-the-Illuminated-Door-Sill)

Pages: 1 2

Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - gaawd - 21-08-2012 08:23pm

I was wondering if it is possible to change the Puddle light graphic to something else?

Secondly, is it possible to change the blue illuminated door kick guard to a different color? (red as the car is red, interior is red etc).

Thoughts?

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - cjfp - 21-08-2012 09:17pm

Puddle light - dunno

Illuminated kick guard - have looked into it and currently blue is it I'm afraid.

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - doug - 21-08-2012 09:19pm

(21-08-2012 08:23pm)gaawd Wrote:  I was wondering if it is possible to change the Puddle light graphic to something else?

Thoughts?

Welcome gaawd,
Whats your plan for a new graphic on the puddle light?
As for changing it for something else, it's never been done as yet!

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - XFullFatTim - 21-08-2012 10:24pm

Maybe the tread plate could be a mod for 2014MY - connected to the mood lights so you can select the colour that appeals most............... personally I leave the mood lights on white but each to their own.

I'm sure that there must be a away to get into the wing mirror to replace the LED and I suspect the puddle light image is just a clear lens cover with the image etched or printed onto it - probably be able to get the instructions from a dealer or body shop that has had to replace a wing mirror that has been damaged. Ikea sells a powerful LED reading light that is the same size as the puddle light and I have always though that an Evoque insert might sell as an owners momento, either projected onto your room ceiling or onto your desk as a work light.............

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - mark_n - 22-08-2012 04:31am

The illuminated door sills do not use LED technology, it's some sort of electro-luminescence device which will run at a high voltage and low current, a bit like a neon sign. The light output is pretty feeble and the colour will be set by the panel and a plastic filter. I have three cars with this - two white and the LR blue.

Etching the Evoque graphic on the surface of a lens will not do it, any more than using a magic marker on the front of a camera lens would include it in your pictures. It's a crude slide projector with a mask and projection lens. Whether you can get it apart to change it is another matter.

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - KaDargo - 22-08-2012 07:39am

Why would you want to - it's cool (impresses all my friends!)

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - gaawd - 22-08-2012 08:56pm

Well I just got informed by my wife that the blue door sills is to stay, even if I could change it. She likes the blue.

I am not 100% sure what I would change the puddle light logo to. (Batman, Company Name, RR symbol etc).

I guess what it would be changed to would depend on how large and detailed this can be and still generate a nice graphic.

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - Benziner - 11-01-2015 10:18pm

Are there any news here? I just found that thread and i'm interested in changing it to the new Mustang part. Maybe the parts a the same because its Ford?
[Image: wls090812fordmustangponylight.jpg]

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - XFullFatTim - 12-01-2015 10:48am

There's something not quite right about that image........ Like the Mustang is a bit too bright on the Tarmac and that it isn't aligned with the projector light.......... Artistic licence or mis-selling?

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill - Benziner - 18-01-2015 07:23pm

But that was not my question Laughing I think the Mustang part number is left - DR3Z 13B375A, right - DR3Z 13B374
http://www.group1autoparts.com/oe-ford/dr3z13b375b

Found also some drawings
Evoque
[Image: 7125470.jpg]
Mustang
[Image: 6a61875d2357c01d27ba8c78c3f99695.png]