Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill
gaawd

Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill

I was wondering if it is possible to change the Puddle light graphic to something else?

Secondly, is it possible to change the blue illuminated door kick guard to a different color? (red as the car is red, interior is red etc).

Thoughts?

5dr Dynamic/ Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof/ Firenze Red,Ebony Interior/ Black headlining / Led interior & boot / Led Reverse / Black front and rear lettering / OEM roof rails
21-08-2012 08:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Changing the puddle light graphic - Changing the Illuminated Door Sill

Puddle light - dunno

Illuminated kick guard - have looked into it and currently blue is it I'm afraid.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-08-2012 09:17pm
doug

(21-08-2012 08:23pm)gaawd Wrote:  I was wondering if it is possible to change the Puddle light graphic to something else?

Thoughts?

Welcome gaawd,
Whats your plan for a new graphic on the puddle light?
As for changing it for something else, it's never been done as yet!

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
21-08-2012 09:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Maybe the tread plate could be a mod for 2014MY - connected to the mood lights so you can select the colour that appeals most............... personally I leave the mood lights on white but each to their own.

I'm sure that there must be a away to get into the wing mirror to replace the LED and I suspect the puddle light image is just a clear lens cover with the image etched or printed onto it - probably be able to get the instructions from a dealer or body shop that has had to replace a wing mirror that has been damaged. Ikea sells a powerful LED reading light that is the same size as the puddle light and I have always though that an Evoque insert might sell as an owners momento, either projected onto your room ceiling or onto your desk as a work light.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 10:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-08-2012 10:24pm
mark_n

The illuminated door sills do not use LED technology, it's some sort of electro-luminescence device which will run at a high voltage and low current, a bit like a neon sign. The light output is pretty feeble and the colour will be set by the panel and a plastic filter. I have three cars with this - two white and the LR blue.

Etching the Evoque graphic on the surface of a lens will not do it, any more than using a magic marker on the front of a camera lens would include it in your pictures. It's a crude slide projector with a mask and projection lens. Whether you can get it apart to change it is another matter.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-08-2012 04:31am
KaDargo

Why would you want to - it's cool (impresses all my friends!)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
22-08-2012 07:39am
gaawd

Well I just got informed by my wife that the blue door sills is to stay, even if I could change it. She likes the blue.

I am not 100% sure what I would change the puddle light logo to. (Batman, Company Name, RR symbol etc).

I guess what it would be changed to would depend on how large and detailed this can be and still generate a nice graphic.

5dr Dynamic/ Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof/ Firenze Red,Ebony Interior/ Black headlining / Led interior & boot / Led Reverse / Black front and rear lettering / OEM roof rails
(This post was last modified: 25-08-2012 04:36pm by gaawd.)
22-08-2012 08:56pm
Benziner

Are there any news here? I just found that thread and i'm interested in changing it to the new Mustang part. Maybe the parts a the same because its Ford?
[Image: wls090812fordmustangponylight.jpg]
11-01-2015 10:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There's something not quite right about that image........ Like the Mustang is a bit too bright on the Tarmac and that it isn't aligned with the projector light.......... Artistic licence or mis-selling?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-01-2015 10:48am
Benziner

But that was not my question Laughing I think the Mustang part number is left - DR3Z 13B375A, right - DR3Z 13B374
http://www.group1autoparts.com/oe-ford/dr3z13b375b

Found also some drawings
Evoque
[Image: 7125470.jpg]
Mustang
[Image: 6a61875d2357c01d27ba8c78c3f99695.png]
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2015 07:33pm by Benziner.)
18-01-2015 07:23pm