babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? (/Thread-Wobbling-over-colour-choice-should-i-change)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - Jonathon555 - 03-05-2012 08:50am

Here is the spec i have ordered

SD4
20" style 6
Ebony interior
Privacy glass
Auto lights & wipers
Front fog lights

Colour Fuji

I am now wondering whether to swap to OG or black

I keep looking at other peoples cars & they all look good, but i always question my first choice on every car i order

Should i just stick with the above choice ?

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - PhilSkill - 03-05-2012 08:55am

Only you can answer that really, but I have a grey car so went for something different, you look like you have a white car... Either you really like white and should stick with it as Evoque looks great in white, or you feel like a change as Evoque looks great in other colours too.

In fact the Evoque just looks great! Laughing

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - Straydox - 03-05-2012 09:10am

At the risk of upsetting half the forum - who have mostly ordered Fuji white, do try and be a little different! LR used Fuji extensively in the launch marketing and now it's so common so as to be a bit boring...just my humble opinion of course....

Black looks fantastic when its clean, which let's be honest isn't for very long, so on balance OG is really nice, stylish and understated colour - and looks great even when it's not perfectly clean.

Do we need to nag you about a spare wheel and Xenons for your order???

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - RacingSnake - 03-05-2012 09:10am

We've got a Fuji, and the 'other' options were Black or Firenze.
the missus said red wasn't right for a range rover (although it does look superb on it), and we just thought the white looked really good in the flesh.
Having said that, when we 'recollected' the car last weekend there was a black one in the car park and it too did look fantastic.

So, in conclusion... "do what you want". Laughing

eta, just a quick response to straydox, I think it is a bit unfair to influence a decision because thats what everyone else has got, shouldn't make the slightest difference to what "you" want. We got Fuji because we thought it best, not because a load of nutters on the internet told me it was the best Laughing (no offence intended Wink )

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - caroline11000 - 03-05-2012 09:14am

Fuji is great............. because I have one! Black is also a great colour I must admit, I wasn't sure at first but after seeing a few I would now struggle to choose between the two! Orkney Grey.....well I personally don't like it at all, but that is my personal opinion of course!

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - Straydox - 03-05-2012 09:15am

(03-05-2012 09:10am)RacingSnake Wrote:  eta, just a quick response to straydox, I think it is a bit unfair to influence a decision because thats what everyone else has got, shouldn't make the slightest difference to what "you" want. We got Fuji because we thought it best, not because a load of nutters on the internet told me it was the best Laughing (no offence intended Wink )

No offence takenVery Happy

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - XFullFatTim - 03-05-2012 09:18am

You don't say which version you have ordered - Pure, Prestige or Dynamic, but looking at your extras it would appear that you have ordered a Pure. Had you ordered a Prestige I would have recommended one of the metallic paints as they are included in the price, speccing a Prestige in a "solid" paint could have implications at selling on time.
So do you want to pay £600 extra to have a metallic finish? I would say stay with the Fuji, but I am biased...............

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - Evo-king - 03-05-2012 10:04am

It seems perfectly normal to wobble if many of the posters on here are to go by.

We started with 1 black, then another black, then 4 other colour choices before ending up with the other Black (Santorini).

That's the trouble when you have a long wait, I won't advise you which colour to go for, but on the Evoque they all look good.

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - Ianpembs - 03-05-2012 10:18am

(03-05-2012 08:50am)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Here is the spec i have ordered

SD4
20" style 6
Ebony interior
Privacy glass
Auto lights & wipers
Front fog lights

Colour Fuji

I am now wondering whether to swap to OG or black

I keep looking at other peoples cars & they all look good, but i always question my first choice on every car i order

Should i just stick with the above choice ?

Nice choice, I queried the price increases with dealer he not 100% sure but did warn against making any changes after 4th May as it MAY increase the car price to new prices so to be safe Id act fast.

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ? - ED209 - 03-05-2012 10:37am

I changed from fuji to orkney grey, Right decision i think.

Confirmed this morning when i bumped into a lad who used to live across the road. He said

"Nice car, in the best colour. Looks much nicer than the white one i keep seeing round here"

This is 100% true.