Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ?
Jonathon555

Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ?

Here is the spec i have ordered

SD4
20" style 6
Ebony interior
Privacy glass
Auto lights & wipers
Front fog lights

Colour Fuji

I am now wondering whether to swap to OG or black

I keep looking at other peoples cars & they all look good, but i always question my first choice on every car i order

Should i just stick with the above choice ?

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
03-05-2012 08:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ?

Only you can answer that really, but I have a grey car so went for something different, you look like you have a white car... Either you really like white and should stick with it as Evoque looks great in white, or you feel like a change as Evoque looks great in other colours too.

In fact the Evoque just looks great! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-05-2012 08:55am
Straydox

At the risk of upsetting half the forum - who have mostly ordered Fuji white, do try and be a little different! LR used Fuji extensively in the launch marketing and now it's so common so as to be a bit boring...just my humble opinion of course....

Black looks fantastic when its clean, which let's be honest isn't for very long, so on balance OG is really nice, stylish and understated colour - and looks great even when it's not perfectly clean.

Do we need to nag you about a spare wheel and Xenons for your order???

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-05-2012 09:10am
RacingSnake

We've got a Fuji, and the 'other' options were Black or Firenze.
the missus said red wasn't right for a range rover (although it does look superb on it), and we just thought the white looked really good in the flesh.
Having said that, when we 'recollected' the car last weekend there was a black one in the car park and it too did look fantastic.

So, in conclusion... "do what you want". Laughing

eta, just a quick response to straydox, I think it is a bit unfair to influence a decision because thats what everyone else has got, shouldn't make the slightest difference to what "you" want. We got Fuji because we thought it best, not because a load of nutters on the internet told me it was the best Laughing (no offence intended Wink )

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 09:13am by RacingSnake.)
03-05-2012 09:10am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

Fuji is great............. because I have one! Black is also a great colour I must admit, I wasn't sure at first but after seeing a few I would now struggle to choose between the two! Orkney Grey.....well I personally don't like it at all, but that is my personal opinion of course!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
03-05-2012 09:14am
Straydox

(03-05-2012 09:10am)RacingSnake Wrote:  eta, just a quick response to straydox, I think it is a bit unfair to influence a decision because thats what everyone else has got, shouldn't make the slightest difference to what "you" want. We got Fuji because we thought it best, not because a load of nutters on the internet told me it was the best Laughing (no offence intended Wink )

No offence takenVery Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-05-2012 09:15am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You don't say which version you have ordered - Pure, Prestige or Dynamic, but looking at your extras it would appear that you have ordered a Pure. Had you ordered a Prestige I would have recommended one of the metallic paints as they are included in the price, speccing a Prestige in a "solid" paint could have implications at selling on time.
So do you want to pay £600 extra to have a metallic finish? I would say stay with the Fuji, but I am biased...............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 09:20am by XFullFatTim.)
03-05-2012 09:18am
Evo-king

It seems perfectly normal to wobble if many of the posters on here are to go by.

We started with 1 black, then another black, then 4 other colour choices before ending up with the other Black (Santorini).

That's the trouble when you have a long wait, I won't advise you which colour to go for, but on the Evoque they all look good.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-05-2012 10:04am
Ianpembs

(03-05-2012 08:50am)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Here is the spec i have ordered

SD4
20" style 6
Ebony interior
Privacy glass
Auto lights & wipers
Front fog lights

Colour Fuji

I am now wondering whether to swap to OG or black

I keep looking at other peoples cars & they all look good, but i always question my first choice on every car i order

Should i just stick with the above choice ?

Nice choice, I queried the price increases with dealer he not 100% sure but did warn against making any changes after 4th May as it MAY increase the car price to new prices so to be safe Id act fast.
03-05-2012 10:18am
ED209

I changed from fuji to orkney grey, Right decision i think.

Confirmed this morning when i bumped into a lad who used to live across the road. He said

"Nice car, in the best colour. Looks much nicer than the white one i keep seeing round here"

This is 100% true.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
03-05-2012 10:37am