babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Easy entry - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Easy entry (/Thread-Easy-entry)

Pages: 1 2

Easy entry - Donny Dog - 07-03-2012 05:28pm

Can anyone offer advice on setting 'easy entry' please? I have used the right-hand steering wheel toggle switch to 'tick' the 'easy entry' setting, but the seat only moves backwards a tiny amount on opening the car door after stopping. In fact, the first time it operated it moved the seat tighter to the wheel until i re-set it. Can it be made to move the seat back and/or down a useful amount?

RE: Easy entry - ChuckieB - 07-03-2012 10:02pm

(07-03-2012 05:28pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Can anyone offer advice on setting 'easy entry' please? I have used the right-hand steering wheel toggle switch to 'tick' the 'easy entry' setting, but the seat only moves backwards a tiny amount on opening the car door after stopping. In fact, the first time it operated it moved the seat tighter to the wheel until i re-set it. Can it be made to move the seat back and/or down a useful amount?

How tight is your natural driving position? If you're set low to start with then there is only a limited amount it can move on easy exit anyway. Worth checking.

RE: Easy entry - Donny Dog - 07-03-2012 10:34pm

(07-03-2012 10:02pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  How tight is your natural driving position? If you're set low to start with then there is only a limited amount it can move on easy exit anyway. Worth checking.

Very tight! Being small, I have the seat on its highest setting, and well forward. That's the problem - I'm comfortable when driving but can't get in and out easily! I'm getting by using setting 3 as a well-back low-down memory position, but I can't work out why the 'easy entry' won't do that for me (like it does in my Merc.). Any help would be appreciated!

RE: Easy entry - ChuckieB - 07-03-2012 10:56pm

(07-03-2012 10:34pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Very tight! Being small, I have the seat on its highest setting, and well forward. That's the problem - I'm comfortable when driving but can't get in and out easily! I'm getting by using setting 3 as a well-back low-down memory position, but I can't work out why the 'easy entry' won't do that for me (like it does in my Merc.). Any help would be appreciated!

Tried it on my wife's setting which nearly crushes me and I believe you have point. Hardly dropped at all! Well not enough to make me think it was of any use!

RE: Easy entry - Donny Dog - 07-03-2012 10:59pm

(07-03-2012 10:56pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Tried it on my wife's setting which nearly crushes me and I believe you have point. Hardly dropped at all! Well not enough to make me think it was of any use!

How much does it drop in more 'normal' settings?

RE: Easy entry - ChuckieB - 07-03-2012 11:14pm

(07-03-2012 10:59pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  How much does it drop in more 'normal' settings?

Am thinking the further the seat is back in its track, the more exagerrated and more noticeable the movement becomes. It's basic trig. So not as flash as it makes outSad

Perhaps we have not unreasonably expected it to move all the way back to a fixed setting rather than just a preset amount. It's all I can think of?

RE: Easy entry - Donny Dog - 07-03-2012 11:22pm

(07-03-2012 11:14pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Am thinking the further the seat is back in its track, the more exagerrated and more noticeable the movement becomes. It's basic trig. So not as flash as it makes outSad

Perhaps we have not unreasonably expected it to move all the way back to a fixed setting rather than just a preset amount. It's all I can think of?

That's what I did expect - it's exactly what my Merc. does. When the seat is in this 'easy entry' setting, I can't even reach the pedals, and I have to lean forward to press the start button, which is in the auto gear shift top, so that the seat moves forward (it's then like a short bus ride to the front of the car!!).

RE: Easy entry - lngrn36 - 08-03-2012 01:54am

(07-03-2012 11:22pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  That's what I did expect - it's exactly what my Merc. does. When the seat is in this 'easy entry' setting, I can't even reach the pedals, and I have to lean forward to press the start button, which is in the auto gear shift top, so that the seat moves forward (it's then like a short bus ride to the front of the car!!).

This is the way mine functions. I'm 6' tall and it still moves a lot when I get ready to exit!

RE: Easy entry - Sarcastrix - 08-03-2012 11:10am

I tend to use the Pre-set buttons for moving the seat (on my M3). Button 1 my driving position, Button 3 exit position.

RE: Easy entry - berlin2011 - 08-03-2012 12:26pm

Mine also move down and back quite a bit - perhaps have the dealer check it out?