Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Easy entry
Donny Dog

Easy entry

Can anyone offer advice on setting 'easy entry' please? I have used the right-hand steering wheel toggle switch to 'tick' the 'easy entry' setting, but the seat only moves backwards a tiny amount on opening the car door after stopping. In fact, the first time it operated it moved the seat tighter to the wheel until i re-set it. Can it be made to move the seat back and/or down a useful amount?
07-03-2012 05:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

RE: Easy entry

(07-03-2012 05:28pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Can anyone offer advice on setting 'easy entry' please? I have used the right-hand steering wheel toggle switch to 'tick' the 'easy entry' setting, but the seat only moves backwards a tiny amount on opening the car door after stopping. In fact, the first time it operated it moved the seat tighter to the wheel until i re-set it. Can it be made to move the seat back and/or down a useful amount?

How tight is your natural driving position? If you're set low to start with then there is only a limited amount it can move on easy exit anyway. Worth checking.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
07-03-2012 10:02pm
Donny Dog

(07-03-2012 10:02pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  How tight is your natural driving position? If you're set low to start with then there is only a limited amount it can move on easy exit anyway. Worth checking.

Very tight! Being small, I have the seat on its highest setting, and well forward. That's the problem - I'm comfortable when driving but can't get in and out easily! I'm getting by using setting 3 as a well-back low-down memory position, but I can't work out why the 'easy entry' won't do that for me (like it does in my Merc.). Any help would be appreciated!
07-03-2012 10:34pm
ChuckieB

(07-03-2012 10:34pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Very tight! Being small, I have the seat on its highest setting, and well forward. That's the problem - I'm comfortable when driving but can't get in and out easily! I'm getting by using setting 3 as a well-back low-down memory position, but I can't work out why the 'easy entry' won't do that for me (like it does in my Merc.). Any help would be appreciated!

Tried it on my wife's setting which nearly crushes me and I believe you have point. Hardly dropped at all! Well not enough to make me think it was of any use!

Delivered 17/2/2012!

07-03-2012 10:56pm
Donny Dog

(07-03-2012 10:56pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Tried it on my wife's setting which nearly crushes me and I believe you have point. Hardly dropped at all! Well not enough to make me think it was of any use!

How much does it drop in more 'normal' settings?
07-03-2012 10:59pm
ChuckieB

(07-03-2012 10:59pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  How much does it drop in more 'normal' settings?

Am thinking the further the seat is back in its track, the more exagerrated and more noticeable the movement becomes. It's basic trig. So not as flash as it makes outSad

Perhaps we have not unreasonably expected it to move all the way back to a fixed setting rather than just a preset amount. It's all I can think of?

Delivered 17/2/2012!

07-03-2012 11:14pm
Donny Dog

(07-03-2012 11:14pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Am thinking the further the seat is back in its track, the more exagerrated and more noticeable the movement becomes. It's basic trig. So not as flash as it makes outSad

Perhaps we have not unreasonably expected it to move all the way back to a fixed setting rather than just a preset amount. It's all I can think of?

That's what I did expect - it's exactly what my Merc. does. When the seat is in this 'easy entry' setting, I can't even reach the pedals, and I have to lean forward to press the start button, which is in the auto gear shift top, so that the seat moves forward (it's then like a short bus ride to the front of the car!!).
07-03-2012 11:22pm
lngrn36

(07-03-2012 11:22pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  That's what I did expect - it's exactly what my Merc. does. When the seat is in this 'easy entry' setting, I can't even reach the pedals, and I have to lean forward to press the start button, which is in the auto gear shift top, so that the seat moves forward (it's then like a short bus ride to the front of the car!!).

This is the way mine functions. I'm 6' tall and it still moves a lot when I get ready to exit!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
08-03-2012 01:54am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

I tend to use the Pre-set buttons for moving the seat (on my M3). Button 1 my driving position, Button 3 exit position.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
08-03-2012 11:10am
berlin2011

Mine also move down and back quite a bit - perhaps have the dealer check it out?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
08-03-2012 12:26pm