babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Gps coordinate input - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Gps coordinate input (/Thread-Gps-coordinate-input)

Gps coordinate input - elvinsiew - 01-03-2012 03:53am

Does anyone have any idea how I can use google map's coordinate on Evoque gps ?

Seems google map gps coordinate Format is different

RE: Gps coordinate input - XFullFatTim - 01-03-2012 08:35am

The problem will be which datum is used for the base for constructing the maps - they can be cross referenced but there will be errors converting them. If both system use the mapping industry standard WGS84 for satnav maps then there should be no problem other than the way the digits are input - one may be degrees and decimals of a degree and the other may be degrees, minutes and decimals of a minute. In the UK we have a different system that is slowly being phased out in favour of WGS - the OS Coordinates, but these can easily be converted into latitude and longitude. I think that there is no way to directly input latitude nd longitude coordinates into the Evoque. Are you trying to create POI's?

Gps coordinate input - elvinsiew - 01-03-2012 10:08am

The map I have on my Evoque , I don't think it's updated, just can't search the places I need. I will normally search on google map

Any idea how Ivan update the map on my Evoque?

RE: Gps coordinate input - XFullFatTim - 01-03-2012 10:41am

You need to buy an update disc from the map makers, but your car should have the latest available from the company supplying Land Rover when it was delivered. The maps are not updated very often as they depend a lot on locals reporting changes to the digital map makers. Here in the UK I have seen cars painted or wrapped with the livery of NavTeq, the makers of digital maps, driving round doing surveys for them. I doubt that they have many cars driving around Malaysia updating maps. You may need a Tom-Tom type aftermarket system that you can update on-line if you need more up to date mapping

Gps coordinate input - elvinsiew - 01-03-2012 12:12pm

Yes I guess so, am checking with them on the map. There is only 15 units now in malaysia. It's a definately head turner car

RE: Gps coordinate input - WorldTraveler - 01-03-2012 06:32pm

(01-03-2012 12:12pm)elvinsiew Wrote:  Yes I guess so, am checking with them on the map. There is only 15 units now in malaysia. It's a definately head turner car

Map Updates for Land Rover available here, as there have not been any updates for the Evoque there is no product available ...

After a bit of poking around it seems that NAvTek dont update as often as TomTom or other aftermarket suppliers, but I did see that the maps for Jaguar XK are dataed mid 2011.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-LandRoverEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/ViewStandardCatalog-Browse?CategoryDomainName=Navteq-LandRoverEUCatalog&CategoryName=LandRoverEUCatalog

Gps coordinate input - elvinsiew - 02-03-2012 01:34am

That's not good, it will be darn stupid to have a built in gps and another tomtom by the side

RE: Gps coordinate input - DustinDep - 02-03-2012 10:09am

Land Rover has a all new system starting with the Evoque that will actually use a USB to update the maps now but there wont be a update available until next year

Gps coordinate input - elvinsiew - 02-03-2012 04:23pm

That's goods news but bad for the next year update

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pxqsmc